Chapter 16

~Jace

After a three-hour flight and an hour and a half car ride, I finally reached the castle. I didn't waste any second in making my way up to my room and plumping down on the bed. The way back was exhausting, mainly because I spent the entire ride thinking about Aya.

I pressed two fingers against my forehead trying to ease the headache I felt. That's what I disliked about long nonstop journeys, nausea and headaches. When I sit in the same place for a long period of time, my wolf gets impulsive and starts nagging in the back of my head.

"It's so good to be back home." I murmured, blankly staring into the ceiling. I tore my gaze away when my phone buzzed.

You there yet? Aya sent the message. I smiled appreciating the fact that I was on her mind.

Yeah, arrived just a few minutes ago. I pressed the send button.

Great! Um, I'll leave you to rest. You must be exhausted. You have no idea.

I have a meeting in half an hour /: I don't want to make the alphas wait any longer.

Ok. Then talk to me ASAP.

I will love. I put my phone aside still smiling.

I'm positive that Aya loves me, her eyes just give away her feelings. And I waited all those years to see that kind of love in her eyes, to make sure she truly loves me. 

She was fighting her feelings, letting her fear take control of her decisions. I understood that, which is why I didn't want to pressure her into something she's doubtful off. She's a witch and I'm a werewolf, we're from completely different worlds. Any girl her place would have second thoughts.

She's scared of when I find my mate and thinks that I'll let her go. But she doesn't understand the love I have for her, the pull I have towards her. No mate can change that, even with the mate bond.

I'm not an arrogant cocky alpha who plays with a girl's heart. No, I am a man of his word, and I don't take such actions lightly. I'm not one of those stereotypical princes who sleep around with tons of girls and care about money and sex only.

Of course, I've had my fair share of girls but it was only to get Aya out of my head. And it sure as hell didn't work out.

With my coronation being only a few months away, I need a queen by my side. A strong queen who sympathies with her people and cares for them. Most girls are thirsty for power that comes with royalty, greedy for money and more money. And Aya, she's different.

Rather than the fact that she is of royal blood, she doesn't act as such. Even when we were younger, she never pulled the 'I'm a princess' card on anyone who told her no. She's passionate, caring and strong-willed.

She's as delicate as a flower but has the fierceness of a warrior. Very few people know that. With her courage and kindness, I knew she will be an amazing queen someday. Hopefully soon.

Everything she is made me fall for her. I've tried and tried keeping her out of my head but nothing worked.

"I'm very disappointed in you." My head snapped to the source of the voice. My mom was leaning against the door frame, a smile tugging her lips.

"My own son didn't come and see me when he first arrived." She tsked, the corners of her mouth pulling up in a smile.

In a flash, I was next to her. I wrapped an arm around her petite frame and kissed her head.

"You know how much I missed you right?" I grinned looking down at her.

"It sure shows by how you walked up straight to your room without greeting you mother." She teased letting out a halfhearted laugh. I chuckled rolling my eyes at her sarcasm.