Chapter 6: An Attempt to Rescue

• Dedicated to Brianna

Dedicated to Brianna, my editor/ really good friend who ran up to me before school a few days ago and begged to read the rest of this story. :)

Ch 6: An Attempt to Rescue

Jason's POV

Evil-Sky laughs and hangs up. Ty and I just stand there, shocked. Sky... how can he believe that? The Sky I know would never give in that easily.

What did they do to him?

Evil-Sky unmutes us, and Ty and I both start yelling. "Leave him alone! He doesn't deserve that!" Ty shouts.

"We will save him!" I say.

"He does deserve it. And, I seriously doubt that you'll save him," Evil-Sky laughs. "Remember, if you make any move to rescue him, we'll feed him more lies and hit him with the whip a few more times."

Ty and I look down at our feet. "Fine," Ty finally says. "But don't let the other me torture Sky like that anymore, OK?" (A/N: Oh gosh, how ridiculously easy would it be to make this a skylox or a skymu? But no, I told myself I wouldn't...)

Evil-Sky grins. "As long as you keep up your end of the deal, my people won't go anywhere near him."

Sky's POV

I've been stuck here for a week. It may not seem like a long time to you, but it feels like an eternity to me. The only time I see anyone is when Ty comes in to torture me. I try to remind myself that the person hurting me isn't the real Ty, but honestly, he might as well be. Ty actually wishes I had never been born. My friend, Ty, my best friend.

Well, not anymore.

And what about Jason? He threatened Evil-Sky not to let me go. They really do hate me.

I'm sorry guys. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm really, really sorry, and I wish I hadn't done it.

Evil-Ty opens my cell door and walks over to where I'm chained to the wall. "Hey, Sky."

"Hey, Ty," I reply. This is how we always greet each other.

Evil-Ty holds up a gold ingot. That's right, gold. I feel like if I even think about the other thing I used to call gold, I'll get beaten again. "Tell me what it is, Sky."

"It's gold," I respond immediately. If I hesitate, he'll hurt me.

"Yes," he says. "That's what it is. Do you want it?"

"No!" I spit out. "It's horrible!" (A/N: Second-rate torture ahead! Thought I'd warn you.)

Ty nods approvingly, but then his eyes light up like he's got a brilliant idea, and he smiles cruelly. "Exactly," he says. "But you want it, don't you? You want to hold it and call it your majestic budder, so badly. Don't you, Sky?"