Actual Archenemy

Beginne am Anfang

Nicole runs her fingers through her hair. "Aw man, which country to go to: Finland or England...?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa" --Hilary waves her hand in front of her-- "it can't end like this! We-we didn't even get our database! We don't even know who the true GWHP--"

"We both fall, Hilary," Dani states sadly. "No one wins here."

Everyone stares at the founder with different degrees of disappointment and sorrow.

Emily slumps in her chair with only her eyes up visible over the table. "I liked it better when the CWHLers robbed our database," she mutters.

Nicole turns to the hologram. "We get packing?"

"I suggest you do." Dani clasps her hands in front of her chest. "There's nothing else to do here in Boston."

"My home away from home...," Hilary mutters with her eyes cast aside.

"Well, better get going!" Nicole stands up happily. "Ah, I love adventures!"

"Thank you for the news, Rylan," Katie tells the owner with reverence. "It was a pleasure working with you." She stands up as well and snatches the submarine's wrapper from the table.

Dani nods her head. "Same to you all. I better go now. Goodbye." With that, the hologram zaps into nothingness, leaving the four team-less power players behind.

Hilary shakes her head, her eyes on where the hologram once was. "No. It-it can't end like this." She snaps her eyes to the others. "Our careers--our PAYING careers--can't come to an end like this." She slams her fist against the table. "We were setting up for the second season!"

Emily shrugs. "Better luck next time."

Nicole places a hand on the Master's shoulder. "Hey, see this as an opportunity: we can explore new places, meet new friends, and maybe this will become a great event after all!" She ends with a bright smile.

"Thank you for the enthusiasm, Stock," Hilary grumbles with a scowl ahead.

"I'm all stocked up on it!" The goalie gives her a thumbs up. "Get it?"

Emily points to her excitedly. "I get it!" She bursts into fits of giggles.

"These puns ought to go...," Katie mutters sternly from next to the other goalie.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring!

The four ladies peer at their own intercom since they are all ringing.

"'Unknown caller,'" Emily reads from her intercom's digital screen. "That's an odd name..."

"Someone not registered in the intercom system is calling," Katie explains with her eyes on her intercom.

Nicole flicks her eyes up at the goalie. "Should we answer it?"

"Yes." Hilary presses a button on the side of the gadget and holds her fist out in front of her.

On top of the intercom, a teal-tinted hologram of a young man appears. He has his dark-shaded hair brushed back, revealing his large forehead, and soft eyes; his attire consists of a light-coloured dress shirt, a belt, dress pants, and dress shoes.

All the ladies gasp at the sight of the man.

"It's-it's-it's...," Emily stutters with fright.

Nicole knits her eyebrows at him. "You look awfully familiar."