Rivalry Renewed

Trouble is brewing in Boston.

The four power players of the National Women's Hockey League, all dressed in black agent suits with black, leather jackets, pants, belts, and boots, are standing in the large doorway of the database room, a room located in their headquarters.

The room is massive, decorated with red carpet, cream-coloured walls and ceilings, and elegant windows; bookshelves line the walls with rows and rows of books; tables and comfy chairs dot the carpet. Yet on the other side of the room, up two stair steps is a massive space between two towering bookshelves with electrical outlets on the wall and darker shade of red in the shape of a rectangle on the carpet.

The tallest lady in the group of four with brown hair that is down and brown eyes stares at the sight in shock. "We've been robbed," she mutters in a serious, stern tone. This is Hilary Knight, the power player, captain, and forward of the Boston Pride, and Master of the four.

The lady that is at the end of the line with light brown hair pulled in a ponytail and round, brown eyes throws her hand in the air, revealing her white, blue, and green-coloured catcher's glove. "Hah!" she exclaims in a full, enthusiastic tone. She swipes her hand in the air. "Your goal has been robbed!" This is Nicole Stock, the power player and goalie of the Connecticut Whales.

The shortest lady in the group with blond hair in a ponytail and big, blue eyes frowns at the sad sight. "I hate it when that happens," she points out a high-pitched, emotional tone. This is Emily Pfalzer, the power player, captain, and defenseman of the Buffalo Beauts.

Hilary whirls her head to the other three, her long hair swishing behind her. "Guys!"

"Yeah, I hate it when this happens too." Emily nods her head with crossed arms.

The fourth and second-tallest lady, who has wavy light brown hair and brown eyes, peers at her sidekicks. This is Katie Fitzgerald, the power player and goalie of the New York Riveters. She asks in a sophisticated, calm tone, "We'll reclaim the stolen possession, correct?"

A few minutes later, the four power players are in the headquarter's meeting room. The room is small with a black, oval-shaped table in the middle and swivel chairs lining its edge. The walls and ceiling are also cream-coloured and the floors are carpeted with a window far in the room.

Sitting at the end of the conference table is Dani Rylan, the founder of the NWHL. She is small and has long blond hair brushed back with a collared, button-up shirt and a blazer, along with makeup. "Do you girls have any idea how or who stole our database computer?" she asks the four in a serene, yet grave tone.

"Has to be some type of big person since that's a BIG thing to carry!" Emily blurts out from the side of the table to her left. "I'm impressed they got the gigantic computer out without us knowing!" She rubs her chin with her eyes directed upward. "I wonder if we can pull that off--"

"Emily!" Hilary snaps at her from directly across, slamming the palms of her hands on the table's smooth surface.

Emily whirls to her, shutting herself up.

"Who was on camera duty last night?" Dani continues on, peering at the others.

Nicole throws her hands, both now bare, in the air. "Not me."

"It was I," Katie replies, a hand placed on her chest.

Emily turns to the tallest goalie, throwing a hand out toward her. "Of course, you always do it! We should move the cameras to your room and then you'll have an eye on the whole building ALL the time or what if you move your whole room to the security room and then--" A thin ribbon of vibrant, yellow energy zaps her, making her jolt. "OW!"