Actual Archenemy

In the white-coloured, average cafeteria, the four power players are sitting around a table on benches, munching on submarine sandwiches as their lunch.

One one side next to Hilary, Emily is babbling about a story with her half-eaten submarine in the air and her free hand making motions:

"And then, we were all stylin' and ridin' in our holiday sweaters, ready for the video promo. Now the lines were extremely hard to memorize. And it was harder that the sweater was kinda itchy, like it itched right here" --she points her free hand toward her middle back-- "yeah right here, but the holiday spirit never fails!" She throws her free hand up in the air along with her other occupied hand.

Across from her, Nicole swallows and points at her. "I'd give that video an award. It's up there with the Sharks."

Emily's eyes light up. "Really?"

"Yeah!" The goalie straightens up with a smile. "I love you guys' enthusiasm!"

Emily gives her a massive, toothy grin. "Aw, thanks, Nikki!"

"That video was something else," Hilary mutters with raised eyebrows.

Directly across from the Master, Katie holds her index finger in the air. "I conjecture that if it was further planned out, maybe with a compelling plot, it would've been better." She rotates her hand in the air. "The lighting was a tid bit off and there was a lack of synchronism with the dance number." She places her arms back on the table. "Other than that, it was fine." She then takes a bite from her submarine.

Emily beams at her. "Thanks!" She then faces the others. "But anyway, when we were about to shoot the--"

Ring ring ring ring ring ring! a ringing sound is heard buzzing in the air.

Hilary immediately drops her submarine lifts her wrist to her eye level, getting a good look at her intercom. "It's Dani." She then presses a button on the side of the gadget and holds her fist out toward the middle of the table.

A teal-tinted hologram of Dani standing up appears on top of the intercom.

"What's up?" Hilary asks the founder with a nod as the others stare at the hologram attentively.

"Terrible news has just broken out," Dani begins as static flows through her. "Sami and I couldn't reach an agreement to merge as one league, therefore we're forced to cancel both of our leagues."

The four ladies' jaws instantly drop as their eyes grow as wide as pucks.

"WHAT?" Hilary spits out.

Katie stuffs half of her submarine into her mouth.

Emily lets out a heavy sigh. "Well, time for Plan B: be an orca whale trainer."

"Hey, no worries!" Nicole tells the others with optimism. "There are other women's leagues we can go to like the one in Finland and England!" She throws an index finger in the air. "I also found out there's one in China too! And maybe over time, our league will come back!" She flashes them a smile.

Hilary gawks at the hologram. "Wait, so...that's it?"

Dani dips her head as she glitches. "Yes, I suppose."

Emily frowns at the founder with slanted eyebrows and wide eyes. "This is hard stuff." She turns to the others with a worried expression. "The orca whales are gonna eat me!"

"You're not obliged to become an orca whale trainer," Katie points out gently, her submarine already finished.

The small skater casts her eyes down. "That was my Plan B though..."