7.4

bill

the group soon reached bill's house and all filtered into the backyard. eddie was bouncing away on the trampoline with stanley while mike and ben were having an intellectual conversation about how silly eddie and stan looked.
"i c-can grab the popsicles," bill suggested. "everyone l-like bomb pops?"
there was a collective whoop of approval as bill went inside with richie to grab a box of popsicles.
"i fucking love bomp pops, they're probably my favorite popsicle." richie commented as bill hunted in his freezer for the frozen treats.
"oh y-yeah, same here."
when bill finally moved a box of eggo waffles to the side to reveal an opened box of popsicles.
"oh m-man! georgie must h-have gotten into these! i hope there's enough f-for everyone." bill commented, holding the box under richie's nose so that he could see.
"if there isn't enough, i'd be happy to share one with you." richie said with a sly smile on his face.
"funny r-richie. but we all know you wouldn't share a b-b-bomb pop to save y-your life."
richie looked down, slightly embarrassed, "you're probably right." he let out a small but forced laugh before heading outside to distribute the popsicles. richie couldn't help but wonder if when bill said he gave up beverly for him, he was just trying to keep richie from doing something dumb or if he truly meant it. and right now, it didn't look like the latter stood a chance.

~

come on richie, we don't want you to do something stupid now do we?