Who is Pentatonix?

To begin with, Pentatonix is an award-winning acappella group composed of 5+ members, being one mezzo-soprano, one counter-tenor, one baritone, one bass, and one beat-boxer. They originated from the U.S.- three raised in Arlington, Texas, one from Visalia, California, one from Owensboro, Kentucky, and the latest addition raised in Baltimore, Maryland.

     Initially, there were five original members, being Kirstin Taylor Maldonado (mezzo-soprano), Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi (counter-tenor, or tenor), Scott Richard Hoying (baritone), Kevin Oluwole Olusola (beat-boxer), and Avriel Benjamin Kaplan (bass). However due to the public announcement on May 12, 2017, Avi Kaplan left the group, leaving officially on September 4, 2017 (which will be conveyed later in this exhibit). Because of this, a new bass, Matthew Sallee, was required to contribute to the full sound Pentatonix is known for.

     Pentatonix displays a wide array of talent in simply 5+ members, surging seas of pure gifts coming out each one. In addition, not only are they each incredibly skilled at what they provide to the group, bringing acappella to a different level, but they are also examples of young adults thriving in success due to their excellent abilities.

How did Pentatonix begin? That is a wonderful question that we will discuss within the next few sections of this exhibit.

     To summarize quickly, Pentatonix started out with the 'trio' of the group, being Kirstin, Scott, and Mitch, within their high school years at Martin High School in Arlington, Texas. The three made their own acappella group, covering arrangements like Telephone (the most popular) and Firework on Scott's Youtube channel, once Telephone had gone viral over the internet. Eventually, when the formers gone off to college while the latter attended his senior year at Martin High School, Scott's college friend, Ben Bram (at the time part of their college acappella group, SoCal Vocals, later known to be Pentatonix's producer, arranging collaborator, and engineer), suggested that Scott, along with Kirstie, Mitch, a beat-boxer, and a bass, to compete within the NBC televised acappella competition, The Sing Off. With the help of mutual friends and Youtube, Scott and Ben discovered Avi Kaplan (bass) and Kevin Olusola (beat-boxer). Together, the five auditioned for The Sing Off, getting in, and moving on to win the show on November 28, 2011. Many years later, they still continue to impress the world with their outstanding arrangements ranging from Christmas music, to covers of today's hits, to beautiful originals of their own.

     Pentatonix. A band who will continue to prosper on their pathway to  true success.

______________________

     Sources:
•https://www.housejacks.com/bios/matthew-sallee-biography/
•http://www.thebenbram.com/about/
•Prior Knowledge ;)
_________________________

     Note from IPM's Founders:

     Hi y'all! We just wanted to say that we hope you're enjoying IPM and that you will continue to stay with us on this wonderful journey of creating this museum! Thank you so much for the support, and we hope you have a wonderful day or night visiting IPM!

     If you ever have any questions or need anything, feel free to ask us through IPM's message board, DMs, or even on our personal accounts, which will be listed down below:

morningthunderstorms
-pentaholyx
SpicyTaritos

     Thank y'all again!  The next section of this exhibit will come #SOON!!!
_________________________