12

< 12 - двенадцать >

When Sonja said welcome back party I thought that meant a small get together around the house. Not a bonfire and probably the whole town of Baia drinking and eating Olena's food in the backyard. If I thought Dimitri's memorial service was big, this party was massive.

Like when Dimitri was reunited with his family, I expected to just hang about on the sidelines and maybe drink some Vodka. Instead Dimitri never took his hand from mine pulling me to and from and introducing me to his friends, even the ones I had already met.

He was funny and outgoing with his friends, unlike the antisocial god I knew him to be at the academy and at court. They in return were the types of people I wouldn't have picked Dimitri to be friends with, closer to my personality than his.

Andrei, a blond dude who was the same height as Dimitri and who shamelessly spent a while looking at my boobs when Dimitri was otherwise occupied, reaches over and ruffles his hair. "Bit girly don't you think? Time for a cut, hey?"

I laugh and leaned closer into Dimitri's side "I think it's sexy." Truthfully it was getting a bit long but I wasn't going to say that in front of his school mates. "Besides It gives me something to hold onto."

I smirked mischievously and Dimitri coughed on his drink. Kirill his shorter red haired friend who reminded me an awful lot of Mason, raises his eyebrows "Aww finally getting some action little Dimka." He teased, meeting his friends I had learned it was just a family and female friend nickname for Dimitri and his friends loved to make fun of it.

Before he could retaliate I talk again "I can assure you Dimka is getting a lot of action." I reach down and patted his groin lightly through his jeans. "And he is anything but little."

They both shudder and Dimitri pinches my side making me jump. "Way too much information." Andrei said and his eyes caught something over my shoulder. "Come on Kirill lets go and check out Tanners sister."

Dimitri raises an eyebrow. "Isn't she like eighteen?"

"Didn't stop you" Kirill teases eyeing his arm around me.

I expected a humorous response from Dimitri but instead his eyes found mine and he smiled "No, it didn't." I leaned up and kissed him in front of his friends, not that Dimitri minded as he deepened the kiss.

Andrei said something about Dimitri being whipped but he didn't pull away, even when the two left to go find whoever Tanner's sister was. I think it was the vodka we had both been drinking that allowed Dimitri to visibly snog me in front of a crowd of people.

There was a wolf whistle and I broke away from from the only Russian guy here I loved. It was one of the Belicova household neighbours. He was around sixteen with cute curly hair, braces and a brilliant personality.

I expected Dimitri to pull me towards some more people to meet, but instead he leads us away from the bonfire the the edge of the yard where it was only barely illuminated. Dimitri went to lean us against the fence similar to this morning, but I pulled him down with me to lie back on the grass.

The sky was full of stars, the moon barely scraping half and the sky darker than black. It was a beautiful night but I turn my head from the sky straight away to look into the gorgeous brown eyes that belong to the man I love.

He was smiling at me, one of those heart melting natural smiles. "It's nice to know when around your friends your girlfriend will boost you up so high."

I realised he was meaning me talking about how good at sex he is. "Well whatever I've told them is the truth." It was, we fucked almost every night and Dimitri was definitely above the average.