Chapter 8

Sang's POV

The shift in my room woke me up. I was a little disoriented. I haven't sleep that good in years.

I slowly started to wake up, stretching and taking in the warm that surrounds me. I snuggle more into the blanket, it smells like musk and subtle cologne.

Wait. Huh? My heart rate picks up. I'm panicking. Where am I again?

I slowly open my eyes to see blonde hair and a sleeping sweet face in front of me. Corey.

I let out a puff of air in relief. But if that Corey and he's not even touching me then who...

Slowly turning around in the arms that I'm incased in. I take in North's sleeping form. He still has the same scowl he always wears on his face with his eyes closed. That makes me smile. I hadn't realized I was still starring at him until a flash sounded and I looked up to find a snickering Gabriel and Luke. Are they taking pictures? Why?

"What are you two doing?" I tried to seem mad but I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I was so refreshed. So energized. It was fabulous. A new feeling I could get used too.

"I came to retrieve my Cupcake for breakfast. I'm making you chocolate chip pancakes, sweetness." Luke's eyes were swarming with excitement. The boy really liked his chocolate. Or he really did see me as a sweet treat. I couldn't be sure.

"Come on, stop hogging Trouble I still have to get her dressed and do her hair." Gabriel is dead set on touching my hair. I was in such a good mood I couldn't say no. But I would put it off as long as I could.

"I'll be down in a bit. I don't wanna move. So. Comfortable. So. Warm." I pleaded with my eyes. Curving down my lips in a frown.

Chuckling has me turning my attention back to North. I looked at him again. Still in his arms. He tightened his hold a little more. His eyes now open and a huge smile on his lips.

"Morning Sang Baby. How'd you sleep?" Like a Goddess. But I wouldn't tell him that.

"Perfect. I don't want to get up. Why are you so warm." I snuggle further against him. He stiffens. Did I hurt him.

"What's wrong did I hurt you? I'm sorry!" Frantically pulling away so I could take in a full view of him and look around. I didn't mean too.

"I don't think that's the problem Sweetie." Corey said with a whisper of his breathe passing across the back of my neck. It gave me chills. It's giving me butterflies. I get a weird feeling I've never felt before. Hm. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Yet. I understand now why he meant as a small blush creeps up my neck. Time to go. This just got awkward.

"Oh. Well I'm still sorry. Should we get up now. Let's go to breakfast and get ready for training. It's gonna be a long day. I can't wait to get started." I stand up stretching again. My T-shirt raises just a slight bit. I didn't think it was an issue. It's just a small amount of skin. And a stomach. Everyone has one. From the gasps and breaths that were sucked in. I can only assume they saw some of my scars. I totally forgot they weren't used to them yet. I'm not ashamed of them. They are my badge of honor. What I have overcome and what's to come. Past. Present. Future. But I don't want to explain it to them yet.

"Sa—." North started to say. But I quickly cut him off. Knowing exactly what he was going to say. No I would not be informing them of the beating and lashes I took. Not until I'm ready. I still don't trust them and especially with my painful memories. I don't even trust myself with them.

"Ok!! Chop Chop. Daylights wasting away! Get up lazy asses! Is everyone else awake?" I looked toward Gabriel and Luke waiting for a response.

"Everyone except Raven. He didn't sleep much last night." Luke looked worried. Even his voice sounded it.