Chapter 13

When Elle woke up Elwood was already gone. She changed into an olive green tunic then fastened a black belt around her. The belt held her daggers as usual but she left her sword with her bags. She walked down stairs and had breakfast with the others in the dinning room. The dinning rooms walls were unpainted wood. The dinning table had a white flowery table cloth. Letha cooked them bacon and eggs.

Elwood dressed in all black with his boots cleaned. Alura dressed in a simple brown dress as well as Gale in a light blue one.

"You four should get an early start and go to the market before you leave." Letha said picking the last plate up to wash.

"Thank you," Elle said politely, "good idea." and got up off her chair along with Alura, Gale and Elwood.

They went to their rooms and packed their bags up. When they came back down they saw Letha a little teary eyed standing at the door.

"I haven't known you long but I'm gonna miss you sweet hearts." Letha said putting a hand on Elle's shoulder.

Elle put her hand on top of Lethas, "I'll miss you too." she said.

"Us too." Elwood said while Alura and Gale nodded.

Letha let go of Elle and opened her front door, "If you ever need a place to stay again round here." she said. "Just come a knocking and I'll give you rooms free of charge."

Elle, Alura, Gale and Elwood walked out, "Bye" they all said in sync and waved.

"Bye, bye." Letha said and closed the door slowly.

They got their horses and leaded them down a street.

"Erm, so where is the market?" Alura asked as they shuffled down the dusty dirt street.

"Not sure, lets just keep walking down this street and hope for the best." Elle replied, shrugging.

They walked along a couple of streets randomly until they cam to what they thought was the market. The center on the market was crowded with stall and cart and down some streets where shops also. The smell of bread and vegetables filled the air as well and a not so nice smell of meat from a butchers.

Elle and the others walked along some of the stalls looking for the best produce they could find. A creepy looking man had a stall with dead rats hanging from his canvas roof. He grinned at them showing his missing teeth. They swiftly moved past him too avoid him at all costs.

"Ah, there!" Elle yelled, "That seems like a good stall." and pointed towards a stall with lovely smelling bread.

"Lets go." Gale said yanking on Elle's clothes.

A middle aged man owned the stall and greeted them, "Hello there." he said. He had short brown hair and dark stubble. He had sweet brown eyes that drew in customers.

"Hello," Elle said. "Did you make his fine bread?"

"Why yes, I'm a baker." The man said. "I have lots to choose from. Plain bread to raisin bread."

"We'll just take two loafs of plain bread, please." Elle said.

"Alrighty," The owner said and wrapped two loafs carefully into some cloth and handed it to Elle. "thats 10 coppers."

Elle took ten copper coins from her coin pouch and slowly dropped them into the mans open hands. "Thank you." she said.

"You look like travelers," the owner said putting the coins away in his pocket.

"Sure are." Elle said.

"Well, may I interest you in special travel bread. It doesn't go stale like bread and it's sweet and surely good for you." the owner grinned.