7

**** One week later -

Taec leaned against the wall of the cabin. His full weight on his right forearm. Looking out the window he watched the goings on with disgust. He could see Ash talking with a few of the hands. Barring his teeth, Taec fisted his right hand so tightly the knuckles turned white.

"Bong-in, let it go." The sound of a familiar voice shocked him out of his inner turmoil.

He turned to face the intruder, but was faced with the impossible...

"Jax..." His voice shook with guilt and pain.

The spector just smiled. Closing his eyes, Taec shook his head, then opened them again. Only to see an empty room.

"I must be going mad."

"Most likely."

Taec turned to his older brother, eyes narrowed, "Don't you know how to knock?!"

Ash nodded, "You left the door open. You knew I'd be coming over." He looked around the room sadly, "You worked so hard all those years, yet you don't display any of the awards, or albums? No MAMA, or AMA awards on the walls."

Taec felt the pain eating at his insides, "Nor, will you ever."

Ash lay his briefcase on the coffee table and sensed the need for a subject change, "Here. Welcome to the team."

Taec opened the case to find a stack of files. Ash lifted one, "I have a bad feeling both our boys will need to step up for this case."

"Aish! Ash, you're calling those two in!"

The agent nodded. Elbows on his knees, he leaned forward, fingers steepled. "Kids have been disappearing for months. Now, some are turning up dead. All the same way as An..."

"Don't say her name!" Taec snapped.

The agent sighed, "Those two are the only ones who can get in and out. They have the necessary training. Besides, I'm only putting them on the back burner. Best to have them if we need them, then need them, and they're not here."

Taec clenched his fists. "The one called Sasin is retired. He hasn't been in the field in three years. This isn't..." (Sa-shin)

Ash shook his head, "We need them, Taec. Sasin is the last Reaper of team Alpha. All the others are dead or are no longer physically capable. Yeou has a new team. Only he knows who they are."

Taec looked his brother in the eyes, "This new team of his, anyone I know?"

He shook his head, "They don't have STRIKE training, but they're all skilled and experienced. He recruited each of them, himself. Off the record; of course."

Taec crossed his arms and sat back in disgust. "In other words, they're a secret team that runs under the radar."

Ash grinned, "Like you, Yeou doesn't trust easily. Not even his superiors. However, each member of his team can be trusted. Yeou helped each one. So they're all loyal to him."

Taec scoffed, "Do they know who he really is?"

Ash shook his head, "No, and he plans to keep it that way."

***

Rayne was walking down the long hall trying to find her host.

'I really need to get a smaller chair for this house.' She thought breathlessly.

The hall was dark, but music was playing from somewhere in the house. She followed it down the hall. Exhausted now, she leaned into one of the doors. Unfortunately, she chose the wrong door. Quickly, it swung wide, causing her to lose her balance and fall right into the room. The shower room.

"Oof!"

Taec spun around ready for a fight, but froze in disbelief. Rayne was laying on his bathroom floor looking up at him eyes wide, and red faced.

She lifted a hand with a shy smile, "Hehe, hi." Then her eyes lowered, and unfortunately for her, the shower glass was perfectly clear. 'Oh boy!'

To Taec's amusement, she rolled onto her back and covered her face, which had turned a bright cherry red. "I'm so sorry! I saw nothing, nothing at all. Okay, maybe just a little, but that's only because the glass is clear. It's not my fault. I leaned against the door, and it..."

With that, she began to pull herself back out of the room.

Taec grinned and turned off the water before stepping out. 'She's easily flustered. That's good to know.'

"Oh my God, are you getting out?!"

His grin widened as he wrapped a towel around his waist. He then bent to grab her under the arms and lifted her up as if she weighed nothing. He then planted Rayne firmly on her feet.

"Eek!"

Taec chuckled as he turned her to face him, "It's safe, you can open your eyes now."

Rayne shook her head, but cracked one eye open to look around. When Rayne realized she was almost up against his bare chest, she took a step back. His skin was still wet from the shower, and seemed to glisten in the low light.

She swallowed, "I...I was coming to see if you wanted to have dinner at my place. But, I heard the music and followed it, and... and..."

Rayne trailed off the second she noticed his smile. She'd never seen him smile before. It lit the whole room.

Taec grinned, "Is that why you were watching me shower?"

Rayne turned bright red again, "I...I wasn't! Y...you're naked!"

Taec couldn't believe just what he was hearing. Her sudden statement forced the huff of a surprised laugh right out of him.

"Yes. I was in the shower. Do you get dressed for that?"

Rayne pouted, "Well, no."

"Yet, you're still surprised?"

She shook her head, "N...no! That's not what I meant. I wasn't expecting..."

He lifted her chin so that she was forced to look him in the eyes. "So you didn't enjoy the show?"

"No! I mean, yes..." Rayne could feel the fire in her cheeks. She shook her head frantically. "There wasn't a show to watch!"

Taec schooled his face into his most serious expression. "No show?"

Rayne swallowed and licked her suddenly dry lips. He was so close that she could see the silver rings around his pupils. He had very pretty eyes.

Taec released her chin and stepped back. "I need to get dressed so we can move you into the guestroom."

Rayne nodded and darted from the room. 'Oh boy.' she thought to herself. 'Don't even consider it, Ray. He's off limits.'