21

**** Becca and Rayne lay in the open field looking up at the night's sky. Artemis lay with her head resting on Rayne's stomach.

Becca pointed up to another constellation, "Orion."

Rayne grinned, "I thought we decided the easy ones don't count."

Becca shugged, "Hey, I never said I was counting it. Just pointing it out." The sisters laughed happily.

Rayne pointed out another set of stars, "Yuck! That one looks like a skull and wings."

Becca was about to agree when a thought crossed her mind, "Rayne, do you remember the brand on all those kids Yeou saved?"

Her sister nodded, "Skull and wings. It's a horrible thing to put on a child."

Becca nodded, "I've seen that mark somewhere before. I just can't seem to remember where."

Rayne looked at her, "You sure?"

Becca took a deep breath, "Yeah. Very sure, I know I've seen it before. I just din't know where."

***

Ash stood on the deck, cup of coffee in hand. Taec next to him.

"So close. We had him. Now we're back to square one."

Ash looked at his brother. "We'll get them, Taec. I won't rest until we do. Anna deserves to rest in peace, and we'll give that to her."

Taec nodded, "I have a bad feeling about this last case, hyeong."

Ash was in full agreement, "I know. Something more's going on here. I feel like we're missing something. Something obvious."

Taec sat down and pulled his guitar onto his knee and began to play. "Beau is holding a bonfire this weekend. I have a feeling something's going to happen. So we need to have your team there standing by."

Ash was in full agreement, "I heard the other members of your band are coming for that."

Taec nodded,"Yeah. We're putting on a benefit concert. It will be the first time we've seen each other in years. I've set it up so that Becca will be joining us on stage with her cello."

Ash chuckled, "That will be interesting."

The former pop star nodded, "I don't know why I agreed to this."

Ash half sat on the railing, and took another sip of coffee. "Taec, even when we were kids, music was your first love. You can try and hide it, but it will always be there."

Taec looked up at the night's sky, "I miss it. The crowds, the fans. The lights, the sound of my name being called out. The costumes, and even the travelling. I lived for it. Most of although, I miss my band. We weren't just friends. We were a family. Always together."

Ash nodded, "I know. Nuna and I were at every concert. Made sure to be."
(Older sister)

Taec wasn't sure what to say to that. He'd wondered if his siblings had ever shown up, but to hear that they had meant a lot to him. He was about to say just that when Ash received a call from the team.

***

Chameleon stood high on Apple Tree Hill, waiting for Ash and Sasin to show. The Intelligence Operative handed Ash a manila envelope.