Chapter 18 - Making My Way Down Town

Depuis le début

"What!? No fair! You tricked me!" I complained, realizing I sounded like a little kid.

"Aww, did you get fooled by a girl?" She asked teasingly. I sat there looking at her face, not knowing how to reply to that, "If it makes you feel better, I'm sorry... no, not really, you got a head start." She started laughing, which made me laugh with her.

"Beauty and brains, I like it." I said, making her blush a bright red, "Aww, did I make you blush?" I said, mocking her tone from earlier. I started laughing at her blushed face. I slowed my laughing as I studied her face more, noticing the sun gleaming behind her head, making it look like a picture that would take ages to get just right. I looked into her soft, kind, brown eyes, studying each feature of it. I noticed she was looking into my eyes, then in the spur of the moment, we not leaned into each other, giving a kiss to one another. I felt one of her hands moving to the back of my head, playing with my hair, while the other was on the back of my neck, nearly meeting the back of my head. I moved one of my hands onto the back of her head, the other down her back. I felt her legs drops around mine, allowing me to push her up so we were both sitting upright, with Lucy sitting on my legs. We held our kiss for a while, then our heads backed up for air. We both opened our eyes and looked into each other. I felt her hands move down from my head to my chest, when I noticed that she was fiddling with my necklace.

"This is a cool necklace, where'd you get it?"

I paused for a moment, looking down at it. I took my hand from her head and met the one holding onto it, "I got it from my mom, she said she got it for me when I was born."

There was a short pause, "It looks really pretty..."

Those words repeated itself in my head. I took it from her hand gently and held it up in front of me, near chin level. I studied it, recalling the lie I just told Lucy.

"Gray... Gray?... Gray, go get help..."

I closed my eyes, trying to fight back any tears... recalling the night that I actually got the necklace...

"Gray, please... go get help... you have to leave me, I'm stuck... I can't move..."

I felt a warm hand bring me back to reality, wiping away a tear I hadn't realized that left my eye. I looked up at Lucy, who I didn't realize was looking at me with concern.

"Gray? Are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked with a light and soft voice.

"N-nothing... I'm fine." I looked down, back at my hand, watching my hand rest my necklace back onto my chest. "I'm fine-"

"You're not fine..." I looked up at Lucy, a little shocked, who was looking straight into my eyes, "I know that trick all to well... you're not fine... what's wrong?" I guess it can't fool everyone.

"I-" I got interrupted by one of our phones going off. Lucy took hers out of her back pocket and answered a call.

"Mom?... oh, I'm heading home now... um, maybe 15, 20 minutes?... okay... alright... love you too.... bye, mom." She hung up and stayed silent for a moment. "I should head back home, now."

"Right..." I watched Lucy get off me and offer a hand to help me up. I took her hand and felt her tug on my arm with strength I didn't know she had. I smiled at her, "Brains, beauty, and strength? I've caught quite the catch, here."

She blushed faintly and smiled up at me. "Thanks..." she said, probably not knowing how to reply to that. I realized we were still holding hands, taking advantage of that, I pulled her into me and gave her another kiss. We both pulled away after a moment.

"Hey, be right back. I'm gonna go find a bathroom really quick, I believe it's somewhere over here. Wait a minute?" I asked, hoping to get a moment to myself to recollect my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'll wait here." She said, and with that I made my way towards the nearest bathroom. Luckily, it was in that area. I walked up to a small building that serves as a bathroom and a shower spot for people who may be visiting the beach, and went in.

Lucy's POV

I watched Gray as he went to the bathroom, turned around, and watched the sunset against the water. I sat down, letting my legs rest while resting my arms on my knees. My moment was interrupted by someone's footsteps, "Back alre- oh."

"Hi there, Lucy..."

A/N: hey, just a quick note, if you guys have GrayLu pics I can use for chapter covers, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm having trouble finding pics that match what I'm writing. Thanks, see you guys later ^~^