Chapter 14 - Stay With Me... (Part III)

•Note: This chapter contains fowl language•

Recap -
"Hmm..." he stared at me with an examining look, like he was some sort of lie detector, "pop-quiz: who's the principal's grandson?"

"What?"

"Pop-quiz. Now answer the question."

"Um, it would be Laxus."

"Correct...what kind of magic does Levy use?"

"Um, Script Magi- hey wait a minute, what do I get if I answer them correctly?"

"You'll see. Now one last question..." he paused, like he was waiting for me to confirm I was ready.

"Go for it." I finally said. There was another moment of silence. Then his next question hit me by surprise.

"What would you do if I did this?"

In one motion, Gray's body leaned in my direction, his face directly in front of mine, both hands on the side of my head, gently resting there. Then, his lips met mine: we were kissing. I felt my face burn up, but the coolness of his body kept me at a normal temperature. I was shocked at first, my body tensed up, until after a moment, I kissed back. I assume he felt my body unease, when he moved his left hand to the back of my head, his fingers between strands of my hair, while his right hand moved down, across my back, his finger tracing my spine lightly, but enough to tickle me. We pulled apart slightly and let our foreheads rest on each other when I started giggling softly at his fingers tracing my spine.

"How do you think you did?" Assuming he was talking about his little 'pop-quiz' surprise, I responded, humoring him.

"Above average... you gonna grade me?" My eyes looked up and met his, and he gave a smile.

"It seems you missed the bonus question..."

"Would, by chance, the answer be this?" I lifted my forehead off his and began to kiss him again. He kissed me back, our warm lips meeting, his right hand resting at the bottom of my spine, right above my ass. He lowered his right hand a bit, positioning it in the same spot but under my shirt. I jumped slightly when his cold, but warm hand made contact with my skin. He pulled me a little closer, my chest nearly meeting his, and we brought our heads back a bit, catching a slight breathe. Gray smiled again, warming me up on the inside.

"A+"

"Is that so?" I looked at him, giving him a satisfied smile. Our eyes met again, I stared into his dark blue eyes. We both blushed a little, but couldn't look away. I jumped up, scared half to death when one of our phones went off. I took mine out and saw that it was just a notification, Gray and I looked at each other, laughing a bit at... I don't even know what we're laughing at. We gave each other a bit of space and stood up, him standing up and helping me up. Gray went down a step as I stayed on the same step, myself standing about six inches taller. I looked down into his eyes again. When he grabbed my hands and held them. I dragged them up and rested my arms on his shoulders. He let go of my hands and put them around my waist. I flinched a bit, startled at his not-so-sudden movement that still scared me. We looked into each other's eyes, myself looking down on him. I moved my foot slightly, when suddenly I lost balance, toppling over onto Gray who now lied back against the ground with me on top of him.