Chapter 18 - Making My Way Down Town

•Note: This chapter contains fowl language•

Lucy's POV

Gray walked me home after spending several hours playing arcade games. In the end, I picked out something for Gray as a thank you gift, thanking him for what? I have no idea at this point. I guess anything and everything as of right now. We walked a different route back to my house, wanting this night to last longer than it was already. I watched Gray as he walked next to me with a medium-sized stuffed bear, which I was surprised he picked out, hiding under his left arm, his right arm intertwined with my left arm. Gray felt bad that I used my tickets to get him something, so he used his tickets and surprisingly had enough to get me a really tiny, but really cute, white bear. It was big enough to close your hand around it, allowing it to be hidden behind your fingers and palm. I held onto it with my right arm, letting it swing by my leg with each step Gray and I took. I felt his gaze look over in my direction, me reacting by turning my head towards his and looking at him for a moment. He looked over at me and saw me looking at him. I got startled when he untied his arm from mine, wrapped it around me, and pulled me in for a quick kiss. His warm lips met mine, then we both backed our heads apart soon after that quick moment. We continued to walk down the sidewalk, walking all around town. After a while, I realized that the sun was setting, and I couldn't recognize where we were.

"Gray, where are we?"

Gray looked at me in confusion, "I was following you..."

"Wha- I was following you!"

He gave me a smirk, "Gotcha," he started laughing, "we are down town, near the beach."

I gave him an annoyed look for messing with me like that, "why you-" I unhooked from his arm and playfully tried grabbing him. He moved back in time to avoid my grasp. We started laughing, until he turned and ran.

"HEY! Get back here, Gray!" I shouted at him. I heard his laughing voice in the distance.

"Catch me if you can!" He teased me.

Before I realized it, I already was chasing after him. I saw him running towards the beach, somehow taking his shoes off quickly and running across the sand. I approached the sand and let my shoes fly off. I slowed my pace as I thought off a clever plan. I smirked and slowly came to a stop. Just wait till he falls for this, heh.

Gray's POV

I approached the sand on the beach, letting my shoes fly off. I continued running away from Lucy, not turning back to see where she was. I heard her shoes land in the sand behind me and her feet pushing sand out of her way. For being a light-weight girl, her footsteps sounded heavy. I started slowing down, expecting her to catch up to me, when I realized I couldn't hear her footsteps anymore. I quickly stopped and turned around. I looked around for a person standing, when all I found was someone laying down on the sand. Lucy!? I panicked slightly and noticed myself was already running towards her for aid. I stopped and dropped to my knees, lifting the upper half of her body up.

"Ow. Jeez, that fall hurt. You would think landing on the sand wouldn't hurt so much." She said.

"Are you okay?" I said standing up, offering a hand to help her up as well.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said as she grabbed my hand and let me help her up. I stared at her, with a concerned look on my face, questioning if she really was fine, when I saw her smirking. In one quick movement, she tackled me to the ground. I felt my back land on the sand and looked at her face hovering above mine, "Caught yah'" she said, her face still smirking.