Chapter 7

a/n: please excuse any grammar errors, I suck at english and I hope you enjoy TT

Hearing the dial tone directly in his ear made Jungkook anxious. Namjoon and the others were still distracted in line so he took this opportunity to go somewhere relatively quiet but still in their sights. He looked at his friends chat away, silently waiting for the dial tone to turn into a voice. Park Jimin's voice that is.

It was impulsive, he must admit, and not exactly what he wanted to convey. But it worked out in the end, or that's what Jungkook wanted to believe. The wait felt excruciatingly long, as if time was suddenly moving very slowly. When Jimin finally picked up the phone, he went numb. Every bone in his body was vibrating with just the thought that Jimin picked up, that he had kept his word to answer the phone. Though, even with such adrenaline, Jungkook still was unable to speak. He was afraid he would end up saying something stupid.

He was so lost in his thoughts and his fear of embarrassment that he didn't realize he didn't even give a greeting to the male on the other side of the line. It wasn't until the male spoke that Jungkook realized this was actually happening.

"Jungkook? Are you there?" Jimin's voice rang in Jungkook's ears. Jimin's voice was something he could listen to all day, it was unexplainable. He couldn't tell you exactly why he loved Jimin's voice despite having heard it only a few times. Realizing he has been quiet for far too long, he finally stuttered out a response.

"Uh- yea.. Sorry I- I was kind of lost in thought for a second there... Uh-" When Jimin started softly giggling, Jungkook's entire being coiled into itself. His entire body burned with adoration, because really, how can someone be so cute through a phone call? Every fiber of his soul was aching to just drop everything and run to Jimin's side for no reason at all. He wanted so badly to run to him to hug and cuddle him. He wanted to do gross couple things with him. Jungkook then remembered why he asked to call Jimin in the first place. He doesn't know why he couldn't just tell Jimin that he was out with friends he hadn't been able to hang out with in a while through a text. He felt that he needed Jimin to know with sincerity that he wasn't a burden to him.

He took a moment to inhale before speaking. "Listen, Jimin..." His mouth became dry as he opened his mouth to speak again. The apology never came out. He felt that it wasn't necessary- not anymore.

Jungkook stood there trying to form words that would be alright in this situation. He wasn't sure what he wanted to say now, or why he initiated the call anyway. All he knew was that he had this strong urgency to just be able to hear Jimin's voice. "Um- I- Sorry I called you so late. I'm out with some friends right now so I hadn't seen your texts until now..."

There was a brief moment of silence before Jimin spoke. "Oh! Um no it's ok I figured you must have been busy since you didn't answer for a long time.. but you read the texts right?" Jungkook chuckled lightly. He could already feel the giant smile plastered on his face that only happens when Jimin is involved.

"Of course I did. And I'll go to your party thing, if it means I'll get to give you my present on your birthday." The slightly-high pitched giggles that followed made his heart race and warmth pool into his body. He felt nothing but adoration and love at this moment in time and Jungkook wished that he could hear Jimin's laugh forever.

Jungkook honestly never imagined he would ever get to this point. Yea when he was younger, he always dreamed how he would fall in love with his soulmate and eventually form a family with them.

But he had given up on those hopes and dreams years ago. He had given them up when he impatiently searched for his other half only to come up with an empty hole in his heart in the end.