ᴇɪɢʜт

Amazon | Eight

Rhea headed out of the oracle’s tent, she rubbed her face and began to shift nervously.  She looked around and watched as some of the women stared at her, Rhea pushed her shoulders back and stood up straight as she headed toward her horse. “Where are you heading off to Rhea?” Gaia asked as she looked up at the younger woman who slid onto the back of her horse.

“I will go hunting,” Rhea muttered, “I must collect my slave.” She trotted passed Gaia who narrowed her eyes in suspicion – Gaia had always terrified Rhea. Rhea then slid off the back of her horse in front of the men, “Bastian,” she nodded toward her horse, “Come.” The men all stared up at her as Bastian walked hesitantly towards her. She hopped back onto the back of her horse and Bastian slid on behind her – careful not to lay a hand on her.

“What are we going?” Bastian whispered in her ear and it made her shiver.

“Hunting,” she replied but did not say anything back to him, she did not know what to tell him. Bastian stayed quiet as they headed out into the forest and Rhea was grateful for his silence, she would not have been able to speak to him – to socialise. Rhea turned her head as she noticed Bastian was staring out at the trees, he was learning not to speak to her and she was grateful, her tense body relaxed as she lazily began to move her horse a little faster.

They appeared beside a creek and Bastian slipped off, “What are you doing?” She hissed as she turned to him.

“Swimming,” Bastian wrinkled up his nose, “I stink and nobody has let me bathe.” Rhea paused as Bastian stripped down until he was bare, her eyes widened and she paled. A man had that!? What was such a thing doing down there and how could it possibly fit inside of a woman? “Have you never seen one before?” He put his hands on his hips and faced her shamelessly; his funny organ hanging in front of his body like it had no care in the world.

“Put it away,” she hissed, “Before I cut it off!”

Bastian’s face paled, “Calm down,” he hissed and turned his back towards her, she then took notice of his backside and she could appreciate it, he was a very attractive male. “You go hunting and I will bathe, I need one and you want to let out your anger and frustration, and why you won’t use me I will never know.”

Rhea snorted and pushed her horse forward as she called over her shoulder, “I will come back for you!” She didn’t hear him answer but she knew he had heard her, she moved forward into the forest quickly. She slipped off her horse as she got to her favourite hunting ground and tied him around a tree. She grabbed her bow and arrow as she began to move silently across the forest floor, her movements graceful as if she was a dancer as she held her bow and arrow tightly.

The forest was silent, only the chirping of birds and flapping of wings made noise in the forest. Rhea looked around slowly, holding her breath as she waited for a deer or any sort of animal to move through the forest. Rhea held her concentration as she moved forward, her feet making no noise as she darted in and out of trees. A herd of deer moved passed her and she gasped as she noticed a large wild cat running forwards her.

Rhea ran toward her horse and jumped on his back, turning him and making him charge toward the small river. The herd of deer had passed but she could hear the yowl of the cat. She launched herself off the horse and dived under the water of the river. As she pushed her head up she turned as she heard the cries of her horse as it was taken down to the ground and was attacked. She winced and turned as she noticed Bastian emerging from the water; he pushed his hair back and frowned as he looked over at her horse.

“What happened?” Bastian asked her with a frown.

“I almost had a herd of deer,” she groaned in frustration and hit the water with her fist, it only splashed up, “Until that cat came!”