Chapter Seventeen

Warning: Sexual Content ahead

Chapter Seventeen -

The rain continues coming down all around and on us. I barely notice the temperature. The only thing on my mind is the taste of Brooke's tongue in my mouth. Her body feels warm under my hand as my fingers slip underneath her coat. She immediately moves into me, into my touch. It suddenly feels electrified being this close to her in the cool rain. Of all the kisses, of all the women, not a single one has ever made me feel this way.

As I step closer to her, I hear a door slam shut somewhere nearby. The sound makes me flinch and Brooke to gasp. Instantly, I pull away as her hand gently presses against my chest. Our breathing has gone ragged and Brooke's cheeks no doubt reflect mine as flushed as they are.

"We should get inside." We're still so close so my whisper is easily heard over the rain. Brooke shyly looks down with a small nod. My fingers linger over her hip underneath her coat before pulling away. I catch her shiver, but I'm not sure if me or the rain is the cause.

Taking her hand, I step away pulling her alongside me. Without her body heat, the temperature of the rain begins to set in. Quickening my pace, I get us under the awning away from the rain. I immediately shake off, a shiver racking my body. Brooke smiles up at me as she pulls her hair out, twisting it to release water. A few pieces of hair are sticking to her face giving her an almost drowned rat appearance. My eyes drift down to her lips which are still full and plump.

Shaking my head, I tear my gaze forcing myself to turn away from Brooke. It's nearly impossible, almost painful, but I manage to put the key from my pocket into the lock. Biting my lip, I step in ahead of Brooke allowing her to shut the door. My shirt is beginning to stick to my chest as I leave the duffle bag on the small table.

Upon entering the room, there's a static charge between us. The bag firmly left on the table, Brooke is oddly silent. Glancing at her from the corner of my eye, my lips purse. Her hair is ringing wet and she's shivering just a little bit. Immediately an idea pops in my head, but it's risky and I'm not sure whether or not to actually risk it.

Stepping back, I begin to kick off my shoes shaking out my damp hair. Brooke gasps as I wink at her. "Don't know about you, but I desperately need a shower."

Brooke's eyes widen as I walk past her. Flipping on lights as I go, I lift my shirt over my head at the doorway of the bathroom. Without looking behind me, I step inside the large bathroom. The sight surprises me for a moment. There's a walk-in shower sitting dead center with the toilet across the room. I catch my reflection in the mirror to see my short dark hair sticking to my face from the rain water. My gray eyes stare back at me from the mirror but appear almost smoky. Pulling away, I move towards the shower, opening the door and sticking my hand in to start the water.

Immediately the water sprays down and I tilt the knob toward the red dial. Turning toward the door, I can hear Brooke moving around the room but makes no effort to come into the bathroom. I sigh, shrug it off. Leaving the door open I allow the hot water to fill the room with steam. Back facing the door, unhook my belt before pushing off my jeans which are a bit loose enough without unbuttoning them. Both my boxers and pants pool at my feet before I kick them away turning toward the rack with towels. Thankfully there are plenty of soft white towels with thin tiny dark blue ribbons wrapped around them. Grabbing one, I drop it on the sink counter before stepping into the shower, door wide open.

My throat tightens as I think about offering her to join me. She knows how I feel now. I guess it's up to her to decide what she wants. This time, I can't make these decisions for her. She knows everything now, everything I've gotten involved in for the past year. I've told her everything, more than my own mother knows. I can't make Brooke love me or want me in the same way I desperately want her.