Vinyl Girl - Hemmings

Hey there :)

So this is my first fanfiction, I've always wantd to write one. I just started listening to 5SOS, and I REALLY like them *_*

Just a foreword, you don't really need to know 5SOS much to read this, and I admit I don't. I'm not a crazy fangirl, I don't know their family history, and I definitely don't know their favorite food and all that. You don't need to be a huge fan to read it either.

Treat it as a normal book with a real life guy as its main character, if you want ;)

Also, expect cliche stuff in an un-cliche manner, you've been warned :P

Feedback is much appreciated :)

LUKE

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, studying myself.

A white button down, dark wash jeans, vans- and that despicable tie Wendy had forced us to wear. I pulled a face at the tie. The boy in the mirror reflected the face back at me.

“Luke?” Calum’s head appeared around the door to the Green Room. “We’re on in five, mate. Come on.”

Shaking myself one last time, I calmed my muscles and walked out, fidgeting with the tie. It was too tight, damn it!

“I hate Wendy for making us wear these ties. What was wrong with a plain shirt and jeans? Why would you add on a tie?” I grumbled, tugging at it forcefully.

Calum’s hand swatted mine away and he looked at me like a mother would look at a naughty child.

“You and I both know that tie is not too tight, Lukey. Stop getting all nervous, you’ll be fine! It’s our first concert, so what? We’ll. Be. Fine!”

I smiled at him, his mini pep talk lightening me a little. I didn’t point out the obvious fact- how did he really know that we’d be fine.

But in a way that was typically Calum, he managed to calm me.

“Let’s do this shit.” He thumped my back encouragingly.

I gave him my biggest grin, and I meant it.

“Yep. Let’s do this shit.”

And with that, we both walked out onto stage.

There were about five thousand people in the arena. It’d be a safe estimate to say around four thousand nine hundred and ninety of those people were girls.

Tall girls, short girls, big girls, small girls, teenage girls, pre-teen girls, blondes, brunettes, girls in crop tops, girls in skinny jeans, girls with too much make-up, every kind of girl!

A lot of them were wearing the band t-shirts; and I was glad our merchandise was doing so well already.

“Good evening everyone!” I waved, taking center stage as I was supposed to.

The crowd got louder, if that was possible.

“I love you Luke!” Some random girl toward the left screamed. I laughed, and every girl in a five meter radius glared at her, I couldn’t fathom why.

“We’ll be starting with Heartbreak Girl. Do you guys know the lyrics to it?” I smiled.

“Yeahhhh!” The crowd erupted unanimously.

I turned around, and Ashton flashed me his thumbs up, which meant he was ready to hit it. Calum did some last minute tuning, and Michael was already strumming a note to check it out.

When they were ready, they looked up and the four of us made eye contact with each other. Ashton nodded and started giving us a starting beat on the cymbals.