Chapter 6

Alexis ♡

Coach flew us to Brazil to train for the soccer league which was very competitive.  We couldn't have our phones on us so I didn't have time to contact  Ciera . Coach gave each player a free plane ticket as reward for our game against Chelsea. We won 4-1. We could fly over anyone we wanted . I of course am going to bring Ciera over here. I miss my baby too much but I am going to surprise her with it.

"Hey Alex , who are you inviting over here?" One of my teammates Giroud asked me.

I gave him a dumbfounded look and told him, " I am inviting Ciera of course, who else who I invite?." I asked him curiously.

He put his hands up in surrender.  "Hey man , I didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted to know who you were inviting. "He asked sounding annoyed.

"I'm sorry. It's  just that I miss her so much and I can't wait to see her. " I told him , sighing as I went to sit on the bed. Giroud and I were sharing a hotel room. Coach booked us in after we were done playing. Tomorrow all of us are going out to celebrate our victory .

"Alexis , are you even listening to what I am saying ?." I snapped out of my trance when I forgot that Giroud what speaking to me. " Yes, sorry what were you saying?"  I asked .

"I was saying that I know how you feel, I feel homesick but I just push it to the back of my mind . I know that I'm going to see my family  soon. It's  just 3 more days then before you know it Ciera will be in front of you."He told me , patting my back. After he told me that I realised that what he said is true.

"Thanks man, I needed that . Lets sleep before Coach catches us still up and decides to let us do warm ups. " I told him as he laughed.

"Yeah  . Coach is one crazy ass. " He told me then added, "But don't tell him I told you that. " He whispered. I laughed my ass off until we heard Coach's voice outside the door. We heard the door open and close again . I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow , smiling as I thought about my baby finally being in my arms again.

☆☆☆☆
I woke up to the ringing of my phone. Who the hell  decides that 04:36 in the morning is the perfect time to call?. I clicked answer and a smile broke instantly onto my face.

"Oh thank god you answered!!. You fool where were you? Why didn't you answer my calls this past weeks? I am so angry at you." Ciera rambled on. She tried sounding angry but I could hear in her tone that she not at all angry at me.

" Babe I am sorry but we didn't get to check our calls this few weeks." I told her. " And is that the way you greet your boyfriend ?" I joked to her . She didn't say anything,  just heard her breathing . I got out of bed ,  proceeded to the bathroom and locked the  door . I didn't wanna disturb Giroud.

"Oh come on Ciera , you not seriously angry at me ?" I asked her , I was about to say something again when I she started speaking.

"It's just I was worried sick when I heard nothing from you. " She whispered.

"And I am sorry for that. But nothing is wrong , don't worry. " I reassured her.

"I,ll always worry about you-" She was about to continue when I heard a male voice saying ,"Ciera I can't find the milk ." I instantly went into protective mode.

"Who is that in our house so early in the morning?!" I asked her , raising my voice. I know it's not necessary but when it comes to my cupcake I will always be protective.

"Relax Alex , it's just my brother. You remember Cory right?" I nodded my head but realised she can't see me.

"Yeah I remember." I answered , still skeptical about what he was doing there .

" He is staying here for a few days.  I hope that's okay with you. At least he came to visit unlike some people?" She told me , sounding annoyed.

" What are you trying to say?" I asked her, confused.

" You exactly know . He came all the way from Dubai to visit me! " She screamed at me , sounding angry. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Wow, it seems like you blaming me for this. You had the option of coming with me but NO you had to attend that stupid book launch that failed on you!." I immediately regretted saying  that but I was too angry now to care.

"Yes I am blaming you. You could have at least send me a text to say you were busy!" At this moment both of us were pouring our anger out at the other. It seems like we were blaming each other for being so far away. We were keeping all the anger in until now.

"I told you already I couldn't even touch my phone. During the day I was busy and at night I was too tired . " I told her, starting to get frustrated.

"It's not that difficult to send a text message dude! Well it seems like I am not that important  . I made the right choice to stay then , because I would have obviously been alone all day." She told me as my heart dropped . But just pushed the feeling away .

"I think so too. " I murmured stubbornly even though my heart was aching .

"Fine." Ciera said.

"Fine."I answered back. Not one of us made an effort to hang up until Cory said in the background , "Ciera the movie is starting,  you can talk to lover boy again." He said laughing.
"Look I -."She started but I cut her off.

"I know I know. You have  to go. We will speak again I hope . Oh and  I got a plane ticket and was wondering if you want to come . I just wanted to let you know. Bye."  It was hard for me to hang up but I had to. I splashed water over my face and took a shower to relieve the anger. I can't believe I let it get so out of control . We are so far away from each other and we just had to fight. I dried myself off , put my clothes on and tried falling asleep. "I made the right choice to stay then." That sentence was playing in my head the whole time until I fell asleep.

☆☆☆☆
Ciera ♡

Oh my gosh. He actually wanted me to visit him? Wow now I feel so stupid. I walked in the living room to see that half the popcorn was already eaten and Cory was drapped over the whole couch. He looked up as soon as he heard me come in and was by my side in a flash.

"What's wrong sis?" He asked concerned as he he sat me down on the couch .

"Why did I have to say those things to him?. I am so stupid. I miss him so much and I had to ruin my chance to speak him." I choked out .

"Hey whatever you or he said you guys can "work it out. It's just all that anger was already there , because you miss him so much. It finally decided to come out at that moment. Just breath and relax . All couples fight." He said wrapping a comforting arm around me.
A few minutes later my eyelids closed , because I didn't feel like crying right now.

****
That is the end of that chapter. I made Ciera's POV short, because  I wanted you guys to see how she was feeling too. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading.☺