Chapter 4

Ciera♡

The next morning I felt a bit better . The book launch will keep me occupied for the day. I checked the time to see that it is 06:30 . The book launch starts at 09:00 so that is enough time to get ready . I was eating breakfast when I got a text from my one and only.

Texts~
A: Morning my baby❤

C: Morning 😙How was the flight?

A:Long as hell. Isn't it your book launch today?

C: Yes it , I am leaving in a hours time.

A:Okay , I hope everything goes well. I know this is huge for you .

C:Thank you baby😚Good luck with training.

A:I will. Cupcake?

C:Yes

A: I love you❤

C: I love you too😣❤

I got that aching feeling in my chest again but I chose to ignore it because I had to get through today. I finished breakfast, checked if I had everything and headed out the door .

As I was driving I got a call from my manager Alice .She informed me that the launch got cancelled,  because it was meant for someone else . I drove home feeling even more upset . The launch was my breakthrough .   It would have opened many doors  for me and attracted alot of readers and customers.

6 weeks later*

I am feeling better now since Alexis left  but he hasn't called me or texted me in 2 weeks and  it's really worrying me. Maybe I am just overreacting , he is probably just training everyday and doesn't have enough time .
My friends that I haven't seen in 4 years are coming over to hang out with me today.

Just as I finished decorating the table with snacks , I heard a knock on the door. I walked down the hall and opened the door to see my friend since childhood, Noah.

"Oh my gosh Ciera , that took you long enough!"  Noah screamed .
I rolled my eyes , always so dramatic.

"Nice to see you again Noah. I see you haven't changed one bit."I said with grin.

"Oh darling why would I ever wanna change all this."He said pointing to his himself from head to toe. I just laughed .Oh how I missed him.
And have mentioned he is gay.
Later in the day my other friends also arrived.
All of us vacated to the living room. Eddison is Noah's other half , they sat in the corner curled up on the sofa . Winter is my friend I met online and we became close. Viola , Mercy and Forrest are friends from high school. Angus, I don't how we met but he is a chilled , laid back guy .

"Ciera how is it going with since Alexis left ?". Viola asked, sounding concerned.

"Well I am good, taking it day by day." I said trying not to break down in front of my friends.

"Just know we are here for you. " I heard Winter say .

" Yeah girl, done with the sad moment , let's partyyy!" Noah shouted .

"Noah?"We heard Angus say for the first time since they came.

"Yes?" Noah asked .

"Shut up." Angus said in the a bored tone.
After that we ate , drank and laughed our asses off. We were having such a good time that I didn't even realise someone come in. I heard everyone go quiet and they were all looking behind me.

I turned around and my heart almost leaped out of my chest. OMG .

☆☆☆☆
Hahaha (evil laugh).I know it is short but you are going to have to wait for the next chapter . This chapter was to introduce some of the characters.Thank you for reading.