"Well, since it's Christmas I thought I could be Santa and you chicks could see if you're on the naughty or nice list," he says laughing. Eww gross!

"Oh, that'll be fun Johnny." Paulette's almost drooling over him.

"More like pathetic," Stephanie snarls.

"Where's your sense of humour Steph?" Paulette challenges her.

"I ain't playing the part of some little girl to Johnny's Santa!" I quite agree with her although I'm sure they'll be a few girls who'll be happy to.

"You have no Christmas spirit," Paulette says.

"No I don't, unlike the rest of you guys I'll be working most of the holidays." Steph helps out at her dad's service station.

"Hey I help my mom out plenty, and I don't get paid for it unlike you," Paulette says pouting.

"Doing the dishes is hardly the same as putting in a full shift at the garage," Steph snaps, and I wonder if Paulette's looking for an argument.

"Knock it off the pair of you," Johnny pipes up so I guess he thinks the same.

"So what's everyone doing for Christmas?" Rhonda asks changing the subject. I listen and they all literally have the same plans; Christmas dinner with their parents sat around the proverbial fireplace.

"What are you doing Sharon?" Davey asks startling me.

"I'll be staying home, my sister's boyfriend and his family are all coming over." I say it lightly but I'm dreading it, I'll probably be ignored all day.

"Not long till the wedding," Rhonda says.

"Hmm." I really don't feel like talking about it. I decide I'm not that hungry and go outside for the rest of lunch break, at least that way I can smoke in peace.

Louis

"Sharon wait up," I call catching her up. "Are you ok?"

"Oh fine, just a bit of a headache," she says as we sit down, and she gets her cigarettes out.

"You shouldn't smoke then." She scowls but she doesn't light her cigarette.

"I have a 'Paulette' headache, not a real one."

"Oh right, she was going on a bit. And it's not like Johnny even likes her." Sharon's eyes widen as if she's surprised.

"Really? I know Johnny would rather be with Steph but he's taken Paulette out quite a bit lately." I shake my head.

"Nah he's trying to make Steph jealous. He still thinks she'll get back with him." Sharon's eyebrows knot together.

"She won't, especially now he's been with Paulette. That was actually a pretty good way for him to totally burn his bridges with Steph." I look at her not following.

"What do you mean?"

"Louis if Johnny has slept with Steph's best friend to make her jealous, well it's just gonna piss her off. She'd hate him using Paulette like that."

"I didn't say he'd uh slept with her."

"I think he has." Sharon lights a cigarette, pretending she's not that interested.

"How do you know?"

"Paulette's more or less told us, and well..." She breaks off, probably not wanting to insult Paulette but we all know she's easy. Johnny certainly won't have been the first.

"Well Johnny's planning to make a play for Steph at this party he's having," I say and Sharon's mouth drops open.

"Oh no," she groans.

"Yeah, it's gonna be fun." I can't help laughing, Johnny is getting borderline ridiculous.

"Louis!"

"What?"

"It's going to be a repeat of the Bowlarama." I can't believe she's getting indignant on Paulette's behalf. "You'll have to find a way to stop Johnny."

"Sharon this is Johnny Nogerelli we're talking about, I ain't getting involved and neither are you." She crosses her arms and pouts at me. "And that is my final word," I say imitating Johnny.

"Oh my god," she says laughing but the bell goes before she can object again. Johnny's gonna do what he wants, and Paulette and Steph will just have to suck it up.

                                                                   *****

Thanks for reading, please consider voting :)