Chapter 1

* Nikolina's P.O.V *

My alarm clock blared at 7:00 Monday morning. I growled and crawled out of bed , sliding into jeans and a red shirt with boots and a cardigan . I curled my hair and put on some natural -looking makeup . I was 16 years old and it was the middle of the seamester . December . I walked downstairs , running into everything in sight . Or out of sight I should say . Papa was at the kitchen , with the newspaper. He chuckled when he saw me .

" Good morning, Nikki . Just like your mother . Not a morning person , I see . " he said .

He looked at his clock .

" Speaking of .......... " he said.

Withing the second , I heard another alarm clock go off and my mother yell . Papa chuckled and took another sip of coffee right before I heard the shatter of glass .

" What was that ? " I asked .

" If I had to guess ... I'd have to say it was your mother's alarm clock ." he said, laughing.

We heard thuds and then my mother appeared in her night gown in fuzzy slippers and robe. She didn't look very happy .

" Morning, angel . " papa said, kissing her.
" I HATE mornings. " she hissed .

" I know, love . " he said , chuckling.

" But you need to meet Nikki's teachers and walk her in . I've got to be at the museum . " Papa said .

Mamma rolled her eyes .

" I know . " she said .
Papa smiled and pulled her into a passionate kiss.

" I'll see you this afternoon . Stay out of trouble . Both of you. " he said , kissing my forehead before walking out .

" Mamma , aren't you gonna get dressed ? " I asked .

" DAMN ! " she said , looking at the clock and flashing back upstairs .

She reappeared wearing a green v neck tank top with beading and a black leather jacket and ballet flats . Mamma was so pretty .

" Let's go , Nikolina . " she said.
" Which car ? " I asked .

" Porche. The silver one . " she said , grabbing her keys .

.I slid into the passenger seat of the porche and put on my seat belt . Mamma broke every traffic law ever invented . She got in with her bottle of water , sliding on her sunglasses . We sped out of the driveway and made it to school right at 8 . All of the students in the courtyard stopped and gawked at the silver porche . I got out in my sunglasses and as soon as mamma got out, cameras flashed and she walked around , putting an arm around me as walked inside past the excited teenagers . Everyone cleared the halls and mamma walked me to my first class which was already in session . The teacher, a young man looked flustered . The class looked curious and then surprised when mamma slid off her shades and they saw it was Anna Mikaelson.

" Hello . Mr Brown ? I'm Anastasia Mikaelson . I just wanted to meet formally since my daughter , Nikolina will be in your classes . " my mother said , smoothly as she walked forward and shook his hand.

" Y-you're .... " he gawked .
" I saw you on Vanity Fair . " a student in the back said.

Mamma turned and smiled her dazzeling smile .

" Yes . Yes you did ." she said.

Her phone buzzed.
" France . Have a great day , sweetheart . Your father will pick you up , I'll be on a flight to Paris , but don't worry , I'll be back before dinner. It was nice meeting you . " Mamma said  , hugging me before walking out .

For  a moment it was silent and everyone just stared at me .

" You can take a seat Miss Mikaelson . " Mr.Brown said , motioning to the only seat left by a guy .

I nodded and everyone stared at me .

" Now , does anyone know anything about the Revolutionary War ? " Mr.Brown asked.
" The king taxed the colonists to much and so they protested by dumping the tea in the harbor known as the Boston Tea Party . The first battle was a Lexington and Concord . It was known as the shot heard round the world and was the official start of the Revolutionary War. Nobody knows who fired first . " I said.

Everyone's jaw dropped and I shrugged.

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I slid my phone into my pocket as I wheeled my luggage onto the jetway of the private jet . I sighed . Paris . I wasn't supposed to be there for 2 more months . But they bumped up my photo shoot. I hope Nikki is doing alright .I hope I didn't embarress her. Opps . My phone buzzed and I immediately smiled . Elijah's picture popped up and I answered it .
" Hello , darling . " I said  .

" Hello, angel . I heard your shoot got bumped up . " he said  .

" Yeah . I should be back in 4 hours .... Tatia and Rebekah are planning the gala and I'll put the last finishing touches on it when I get back . " I said .

I could tell Elijah smiled.

" Alright . I'll pick up Nikki . See you at dinner . " Elijah said .

I smiled .

" I love you , Elijah . More then anything . " I said .

" I love you too, angel . You have my love for the rest of eternity . Remember that . " he said and then we both hung up .