Chapter twenty six

Começar do início

"Please Ozzie, just call me Jerome. I'm just creating a little chaos, and my so called 'fans' out there are very helpful."

Oswald looked thoughtful as he studied Jerome.

"Indeed they are. I was watching the news earlier and it seems like the police has gotten their hands full since they're getting thousands of phone calls from scared citizens that have observed your followers all over Gotham. Apparently they're breaking and vandalizing, well, everything. And if I may ask, how does this help you in your plan?

Jerome wiped away the food around his mouth and leaned back in his chair.

"Simple, they're creating a mass panic." 

Oswald raised his eyebrow.

"And that's a good thing?" he asked. Jerome smiled widely.

"Um duh, of course it is! Terror and chaos is leaving the citizens of Gotham feeling scared and helpless. And what does fear do to people that are used to everybody else risking their life so they don't have to? It causes rage. Then it's only a matter before they demand someone to take action and do something. And who do they trust to help them?" he asked as he rested his elbows on the table and held his hands out waiting for an answer.

"The Mayor, aka Theo Galavan." Barbara said with a smirk on her face.

"Bingo!" Jerome said and snapped a finger at her as he smiled, "I'm simply going to make his life difficult, ya know, before I kill him and all that." he said and seemed to be daydreaming about all the different ways he wanted to murder him.

«And exactly how are you going to do that?" Oswald asked curiously.

"That, I don't know yet. But it's going to be painful, that I know."

Then the doorbell suddenly rang and everybody froze and looked at each other to wait and see if someone had a clue who it was.

"You expecting someone?" Elena asked Oswald who shook his head.

"No. And no one know the address here either." he said sounding suspicious.

"Well then." Barbara said as found her gun and reloaded it, "Let's go find out who it is." 

Everyone loaded their weapons and followed Oswald to the front door. He peeked through the hole and then suddenly he gasped which made everybody super curious. He slowly opened the door and everybody stood ready with their guns. And to their surprises, there stood an old familiar face.

"Ed.." Oswald almost whispered. Not was it only shocking to see Ed again, but just to add up to it he was standing there covered in blood. He was looking super nervous and his hands were shaking like crazy.

"Oh, um, hi everybody." he said and pushed his glasses up the bride of his nose. Oswald didn't seem to get out any words at all, he just stared at him. And Elena understood him. Edward had after all left him for someone else just when Oswald had gotten mutual feeling towards him.

"Hah, you look terrible dude!" Jerome said followed by a laugh and Elena gave him a 'shut up!' look. He quickly closed his mouth and shrug his shoulders not knowing what he said wrong.

"Ed..why are you covered in blood?" Elena asked carefully. He looked down at his clothes and swallowed a lump in his throat before he looked back up at them.

"Well..I just.." he said and groaned in frustration, "It wasn't my fault! It just happened so quickly and..maybe it's best I just show you." he said anxiously and walked over to his car. Everybody followed, but Oswald was a bit hesitant at first before he also came along. Edward took a deep breath before he opened his trunk and there laid his girlfriend, dead.