Kasumi: Chapter Six

Kasumi took the last of the dirty dishes to the back room, as her father, Riku, locked the front doors.
Watanabe Japanese Steakhouse was closed for the night. Kasumi's mother, Asuka, counted out the register and was going to the office currently.

Kasumi, like both of her parents, had black straight hair, but hers fell a little past her shoulders and parted in the middle. Her face was slender, and pretty, though she wasn't so sure.

Kasumi was expected to wash all the dishes, clean all the tables, sweep and mop the entire floor, and then turn lights out.
Once her mother finished in the office her father and she would head home in Riku's Ford Explorer, leaving Kasumi her mother's Kia Soul to drive home in.

"Kasumi, Isoide anata no ninmu o owara sete kudasai," her father says, gruffly.
"In english, dear, you need the practice," Asuka remarks.

Riku sighs heavily.

"Please, hurry and finish your chores." He says with a thick japanese accent.
"Yes, papa."
"Asuka, Anata wa hotondo owatte imasu ka?" he asks his wife.
"English, darin." She says back.
"Ugh..." he thinks to himself for a moment, "are you almond finished?"
"Almost, love." She corrects.
"Good." He chimes.
"No, I meant-" she cuts herself off, "nevermind."

She closes the numbers book and stands up.

"Kasumi, please hurry...we are leaving. Lock the back door." Riku tells her.
"Of course, papa." Kasumi complies.
"Goodnight, Kasumi," her mother tells her.
"Goodnight, ma."

And with that they exited through the back door, got into the car and drove home.

Kasumi sighed.

Sometimes her father expected too much of her.
She had to close up the restaurant, and she still had homework due the next day, that she needed to do.
How she was supposed to do all that in one day and get adequate sleep for the next day was a mystery.
One she would have to solve.

As well as that, her father would have her be a cheerleader, in the band, part of student council, and be head hostess of the restaurant by herself, if he could convince her.
She decided to join student council to keep him happy, but that was a task for tomorrow, she thought as she wiped down the first table.

Kasumi's mother, Asuka was a second generation Japanese-American, but her father had immigrated to America in 1989, when he was twenty-one.
Many people thought her name was strange; Kasumi, so they called her Kass.
But it was a traditional Japanese name.

Finally she was finished and wanted to just collapse. The restaurant closed at 9:00pm, and it was now 10:54pm.
She walked to her employee locker and started to undress, first her apron, then shirt, skirt, and shoes.
These articles were all work clothes so she always left them here, except to wash them.
Kasumi felt a chill breeze go past her back and legs, making her jump.
Her father had accidentally left the back door ajar.
      There was something thrilling about it, but she wasn't sure what.
Kasumi took a step outide and looked around, a chill ran up her spine, and she realized it was being exposed publicly made her feel the thrill. Although it wasn't really public, she had another building next to the back of the restaurant, so no-one was here.
Kasumi's toes curled at her next thought.
She could be fully exposed, and nobody would see.
Again, she looked around then ducked back inside.

Quickly taking her bra, socks, and panties off, she moved to the door then hesitated.

"Come on, Kass, don't be a pussy," she coached herself.

Kasumi then leapt outside into the cool breeze, making her nipples harden, and her bare, exposed skin quiver with anticipation.
She then peaked around the corner, where cars were driving by on the street.

Kasumi wasn't quite that brave.
Not yet.

She heard the back door close shut, and for a moment she was terrified. A fear of being stuck outside with no way home, totally naked was far to much to contemplate.

She walked up to the door and grabbed the handle. She knew that, logically, she was not locked out, but that fear was still there.
She pulled on the handle and the door resisted.
Her breathing grew more rapid.
She pulled harder, and the door swung open along with a rush of air.
Kasumi sighed in relief.

She went into the building and began dressing.
Soon she was turning out all the lights and walking to her mom's Kia.

Her heart was still fluttering at the humiliating thought.