Chapter 11

Jareth POV:

I saw my baby

crying hard as babe could cry

What could I do?

My baby's love had gone

and left my baby blue

Nobody knew!

What kind of magic spell to use.

I stood on my bed, using my riding crop as a microphone. With each phrase I kicked a pillow off the bed and sent it flying onto my now clean floor. I jumped up and began bouncing on the bed. I have a theory that no one is ever to old to jump on their bed.

Dance magic dance

Dance magic dance

Jump magic jump

Jump magic jump

Put that baby's spell on me-

A knock on my door startled me and I quickly turned around, dropping my riding crop in the process. Once again, Sarah stood in my doorway, this time trying to hold back a smile. I closed my eyes. Would there ever be a time that she didn't see me in the worst moments possible? I cleared my throat and opened my eyes, "Yeah?"

Sarah fiddled with the end of her shirt, "You have someone who wants to talk to you. About, well I want to- actually need to talk to you about, well that's what he, and me of course, wanted to... You should probably come."

I nodded and jumped off my bed before following her into the main room. Hidgel was waiting for us. Well actually he was examining one of my crystals with an expression that made me feel uneasy. He spun around upon our arrival. I gave half a smile, "Hello Hergal."

Sarah and the dwarf spoke at the same time, "Hoggle."

I glanced at Sarah before turning to Hodgel, "What can I do for you?"

Hingel looked at Sarah then at me, "Well, I was thinking that maybe I should get a reward for tellin' you the stuff I did about you know who."

I swallowed the comment I wanted to make and instead said, "Go on."

Haggil nodded, "Well Sarah doesn't have a place to stay and I was thinking that maybe she could stay with you. A sort of favor from you to me."

I felt like jumping into the air. Sarah stay with me? With me? This was better than I could have ever hoped for! I shrugged, "I suppose she can stay here."

Hoggle winked at Sarah before saying, "Well I suppose that's it then. I'll get going so you can... do what it is that needs to be done."

After the little dwarf left, I turned to Sarah, "So you're staying with me then?"

Sarah sucked in her cheeks, "Only because I have nowhere else to stay."

But she was still going to be here. I smiled at her before leading her down a hallway to one of the guest rooms. I already knew which one I'd let her stay in. 

"I hope you like it." I said before opening the door. In the center of the back wall was a queen sized bed with a black headboard. Black and sparkly midnight blue fabric hung around the bed like drapes made of the night sky. The room was furnished with a dark wooden nightstand and dresser. Beside the window was a deep blue satin chair.

Sarah's jaw hung open as she crossed the soft carpet to look out the window. It offered a view of the whole labyrinth, from the goblin city to the gates that led out of my kingdom. I smiled and stood behind her, "Do you like it?"

Sarah turned in a full circle before finally facing me, "It's beautiful."

I nodded at the ground, pleased with myself, "Well I have one last thing to show you."

I walked over to a door that stood across from the window. Sarah followed me and didn't say a word when she entered the room. Four ceiling to floor shelves held all the books one could ever wish to read. I watched the dark haired girl run her hands over the hundreds of worn titles.

I cleared my throat, "Some of the rooms have private libraries. This is the largest one."

Sarah turned to me, "Thank you. The room, and the library, they're just wonderful."

I took a look around, for some reason not able to meet her gaze, "Also,  when you want to reach the gates that lead out of the labyrinth, take all the right turns. If you want to return to the castle, make only left turns. That's one of the reasons it took you so long to get here the first time, you kept going right."

Sarah frowned as if thinking about all the times she had turned right. She nodded before grumbling, "That makes sense."

I coughed, unsure of what to say next, "Well I guess I'll let you get settled in. If you need anything, clothes or food or whatever, feel free to ask one of the goblins. Or me. You can always ask me. For anything. No matter what time or what it is. Just know that I'm always here for you."

I awkwardly turned on my heel and headed for the door.

"Jareth?"

I turned and looked at Sarah, "Yes?"

She bit her lip before smiling, "Thank you."

I bit down my grin, "Your welcome."