Chapter 3

Jareth POV:

The sky outside was gloomy and black as I sat alone on my bed, rolling a peach in between my hands. After Didymus left, the castle seemed to drown in silence. I spun the peach over my wrist and watched it turn into a crystal. Looking into it I saw Sarah putting Toby to bed before wandering into her room. I couldn't help but wonder if she was happy. More than likely. But what was so horrible about the underground? About me? I tossed the crystal into my wall and watched it shatter. I was so alone here. Out of the need for sound, I softly sung the words I had for Sarah.

There's such a sad love

deep in your eyes

a kind of pale jewel

opened and closed

within your eyes

I'll place the skies within your eyes.

I took a shaky breath. 

There's such a fooled heart

beating so fast

in search of new dreams

a love that will last

within your heart

I'll place the moon within your heart.

I closed my eyes, trying to prevent the tears I'd held back for so long. I was so alone here. So utterly alone. 

As the pain sweeps through

makes no sense for you

Every thrill is gone

wasn't too much fun at all... 

I pulled a pillow to my chest and barely parted my lips for the next words, "But I'll be there for you, as the world falls down..." 

A tear slipped down my face. No one was there for me. No one wanted to be there for me, and the ones that did, I had no power in keeping. I realized how completely powerless I actually was. I could bend the labyrinth at my will and summon disasters with the flick of my wrist but I couldn't even hope to hold on to love for a second. The people I cared about sifted through my fingers like sand. And when you can't hold onto something, you get tired of trying. You get tired and your heart dies.

But then why did mine still beat for a lost cause? How long could I keep caring? Something told me that I would care for as long as I lived. Or at least until the world fell down.

--------------------------------

Hello my lovelies! As always I thank you for your support ^_^

Critique, vote, comment (because most people don't), follow, and give out lots of hugs!