"Shoot guns." Jerry said, forming a gun with his fingers & pointing it at the wall & making noises to simulate shooting sounds. My mouth fell open as I turned my head to look at Nick.

Nick's face looked innocent as he kept helping Mercy with the cheese. His eyes met mine & then his face looked surprised. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked. I continued to stare at him. Glare at him is more like it. "My dad took us all to the gun range." Nick explained, looking nonchalant, as he smiled at Mercy.

I let it go, biting my tongue as I helped finish the pizza. Once it was in the oven, I said to the twins, "Okay, the pizza's in the oven, so why don't you two go play for a bit & I will let you know when you can wash up for dinner." Mercy & Jerry both nodded, then ran to their play room. I turned around to face Nick. "A gun range?" I asked in a short whisper. I was trying not to let the kids hear that I was angry. "You took our toddler to a gun range?" I whispered, angrily.

Nick rolled his eyes & looked at me. "What's the big deal? It's not like I was letting him shoot a gun."

I glanced to make sure the kids were in the playroom, before I put my hands on my hips to speak again. "A gun range, Nick. He's three!"

"Yes, I am aware, but he's a month away from being four & I am trying to teach him about responsibility."

"He's three, Nick. He doesn't need to know about guns yet." I was having trouble keeping my voice calm & I could feel my body trembling, I was so mad.

"There are kids as young as three shooting people accidentally." Nick said as he looked incredibly cocky.

I scoffed at him. "Well, Jerry will not be around guns so that he can accidentally shoot someone." I crossed my arms & tried to look equally cocky.

"Baby, you can't control his every move. He could be at a friends' house & they might have a gun. I want him to know they aren't toys. I want him to know they are for sport & not for shooting people."

I couldn't help but to chuckle at his logic. He was making a point & I didn't like it. "He's too young, Nick." Was the only thing I could think of to say. Then something occurred to me. "If you want to teach responsibility, why didn't you take Mercy?" I had him, now.

"She was with you!" He said in a louder tone, his shoulders up, defensively. "My dad set it up. I had no idea we were going until I got there. We went putt putt golfing & then went to the gun range."

"Are you gonna take her sometime? Or does she not get to go because she's a girl?"

Nick laughed, incredulously. I could tell he was amused by me now & that irritated me. "I can take her. We can all go. I'll have my dad set it up for next weekend if you want. All of us. You. Me. Jerry & Mercy." He crossed his arms to match mine.

"Why would I want to go?" I asked, distorting my face.

"You should learn to shoot a gun." He responded & I replied with a chuckle. "Have you ever shot a gun?" Nick asked, a slight smile on his lips. I shook my head as I closed my eyes for a moment. "Then you should learn. It's a skill every person should have. Especially today with the guns that are everywhere."

"I don't want to shoot a gun." I said, emphatically.

Nick laughed. "Then don't. I don't really care, but for boys, they are going to turn anything into a gun because that's what they do. It's inevitable, so we might as well give him lessons on safety."

"Fine. I'm done arguing about it. You're lucky you didn't let him touch a gun or you'd be sleeping on the couch." I said, watching Nick's face. His eyes shifted away as if they were guilty & he pulled his bottom lip in, nervously. I balled my hands into fists & closed my eyes for a moment, then opened them, slowly. "Did he touch a gun?" I asked, slowly.

Nick's face suddenly looked like he was a little boy who got caught doing something wrong. His eyes avoided looking into mine. "I... it.... was an antique. He didn't shoot it. It didn't even have bullets in it." I continued to stare at him with my mouth open. I wanted to grab him & shake him, but I counted to ten in my head. "It was a really old gun that my dad's buddy had there. We all wore gloves & he had it in his hands for like a minute."

"Have fun on the couch tonight." I muttered just as I heard the timer for the pizzas. "I'll get the pizzas while you go make sure the kids get their hands washed." I headed into the kitchen & I didn't speak to Nick, unless I had to, for the rest of the night. He tried to get me to talk to him, but I refrained. I was pissed & I wanted him to know it.

After the kids were in bed, I headed to our bedroom & Nick followed me. "You going to bed already?" He asked as he came into the room.

"I'm gonna write a bit, then I'm going to bed since we have to be on set early tomorrow." I pulled the covers down & grabbed Nick's pillow. I turned & tossed it to him, watching it fall to the floor. "You'll need this on the couch." I said before I climbed into bed.

"Are you serious?" Nick asked, his hands on his hips & his face angry, but surprised.

I pursed my lips, narrowed my eyes & nodded my head, slowly. I pulled out my laptop & sat it on my knees. Nick didn't move, but I heard his breathing. I knew he was really mad.

Nick grabbed the pillow, angrily off the floor. "Guess it doesn't matter since all we would do is sleep anyway." He sighed, loudly & turned to head to the door.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Nick turned to face me. "We haven't made love in over a month. So I guess it won't matter to you if I sleep somewhere else."

I sat up straight to stare at him. "So you can't sleep in the same bed as me unless we're having sex?" I asked, sounding like I was making a statement.

"Why do you do that?" He asked, sounding annoyed.

"Do what?"

"Put words in my mouth. I didn't say that." Nick shook his head, a crazy smirk on his face. "I'll be in the guest room." He turned around & grabbed the doorknob.

"We're not finished talking."

Holding the door open, he looked over his shoulder. "I'm done talking. You feel free to keep going, though. Have fun with that. Good night." Nick walked out & shut the door a little loud, making me jump. I was a little pissed, but I knew Nick did the right thing. If we kept talking, it would become an even bigger argument & probably wouldn't have ended well.