01 || how it all started

when you were 15 years old

"y/n, after much discussion, your father and i have decided to let you be independent and finish your studies in korea before finding a job and settling down there." mom said during breakfast. being adventurous and wouldn't mind to try out new things, i agreed with my parents.

"when's the flight?" i asked as i stuffed myself with food. "it's 2 weeks from now. so quickly go pack your clothes and other necessities. and take these two weeks to buy whatever you need to use in korea." my mom checked her phone.

time skip to 2 weeks later bc i'm lazy :P

"bye mom, bye dad. i'll call back often." i hugged my parents. i walked into the departure hall, feeling really excited for my life in korea. as i boarded the plane, i thought 'bye america. i'll be back once i have settled down in korea'

around 15 hours later

[ your pov ]

"uncle, could you drive me to <insert apartment name> thank you." i asked the korean cab driver as i boarded the cab. as the cab drove towards my new apartment, i looked out of the window and saw the beautiful scenery. 'it's gonna be really fun for me to live in korea' i smile as i thought of that.

around 30 minutes later, i arrived at my apartment. i paid for my cab fare and walked towards my apartment. mom and dad had given me the keys since it was a house they bought for me to stay in. i turned the key and there was a click sound on the door. i opened the door and it was really my style ; small and neat.

level one ^

level one ^

level two ^

level two ^

i video called my parents and told them how much i love the house. they told me to take care of myself in korea and study hard.

i went to register my name in hanlim multi art school. i had problems making friends since i wasn't from korea. thankfully, my tablemate is krystal who's from united states. ( yes it's the krystal you're thinking of )

her korean was better than mine since she started learning it before me. i managed to become friends with her. as i helped her with her homework, she helped me with my korean. it was easier for me to be friends with more people in school :)

time skip to when you're 18 years old :P

[ your pov ]

after i graduated from school, i decided to rest awhile before looking for a job. during the period where i was resting, i went out with krystal and other friends, watched tv at home, invited krystal and others to my house for sleepover, etc.

after 3 months, i decided to start looking for a job. i went to the streets to see if any shops were hiring people. after hours and hours of walking, i finally saw this korean restaurant which is hiring a waitress position.

i opened door excitedly

------------------
xoxo, hyunmin