Book 1: Lothlórien

The Fellowship traveled on, their hearts heavy from the loss of Gandalf. Ara walked in silence her head low and focused on the ground. She had not shared her story with anyone besides Cassy and Gandalf before. The young Bender did not enjoy so many people knowing what happened. It made her feel vulnerable. And weakness was not an option for the Lionheart.

Legolas and Aragorn would glance over at Ara now and again, to make sure she was alright. Their friend had been through quite a lot and they were worried for her. They had always wanted to know the truth, but it had alarmed them.

Ara sighed and absentmindedly reached to grip the hilt of her sword.... but all she felt was air. Muttering a curse, Ara looked down and saw that her sword was missing. Aragorn looked over at her, raising a questioning eyebrow at her sudden language.

"I lost my sword in the mines." the Bender explained, frowning.

"It's just a sword. It can be easily replaced." Boromir commented, eyebrow raised. Ara shook her head.

"It was... my brother's."

She was frustrated with herself. How could she have been so careless? One of the few things she'd had left of Aaron, and now it was gone.

Boromir frowned and looked down. He always seemed to manage to say the wrong things around the young Bender. As they walked through the woodline, Gimli glanced around suspiciously.

"Stay close, young hobbits. They say there's a great sorceress living in these woods. And elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell."

Ara rolled her eyes and kept limping along down the path. She didn't think it wise to speak of Lady Galadriel in such a fashion.

"Well, here's one dwarf he won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!" the dwarf rambled on. Ara jumped when she saw an arrow being aimed at her friend, along with the rest of the Fellowship. Legolas had drawn an arrow and notched it, while the Bender caused a flame to flicker to life in her hand. It was a clear warning. If any of them were harmed, everything burned. The leader of the elves stepped forward, eyebrows raised.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark."

Gimli mumbled several choice words, and the elves soon lowered their weapons. Ara relaxed slightly, the flame in her palm extinguishing as her eyes lost their glow. The blonde elf pulled her, Legolas and Aragorn aside to speak to them.

"Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil." he greeted in Sindarin. Legolas nodded his head in recognition.

"Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lothlorien."

Haldir turned his attention to Ara, studying her calculating. The Bender always felt like elves could see right through her.

"Adara Stormbringer, Lionheart of Ibilissa. We have heard much about you."

The young woman bowed her head in respect. The elf then looked at Aragorn.

"And Aragorn of the Dunedain, you are known to us." he continued in his native tongue.

Aragorn nodded, cracking a small smile.

"Haldir."

Gimli had grown aggravated by the use of the foreign tongue, and he finally worded his complaint.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of elves! Speak words we can all understand!"

Haldir strode over to the annoyed dwarf, a bit of distaste dectectable in his expression.