Chapter 45: Valek

Start from the beginning

You: "No, but I do know it's a warning... A warning, that we can't stop what's coming. He wouldn't given me his name, unless he knew there was no way we make it out of this alive... Korra, I can't beat him..."

Korra POV

What...? He's never talked like this before.

Korra: "M/N, I've never seen you so, unconfident before. Are you positive you can't beat this thing?" He nods.

You: "Whatever this thing is... It's not just after me... It's after all of you... I-it wants more than me... I-I think it wants you Korra... It wants to even out all the negative energy that's been lost, so it's going to take the same amount of good energy... Energy that you have..." He looks to me, I can see the fear in his eyes, I've never seen him, scared, before. I mean, his past was awful, but I don't think it ever scared him... Not like this anyways, this, this was genuine fear in his eyes...

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

We return to Republic City after we finish rebuilding all the destroyed homes and stores in Zaofu. We decide to meet up with Lin at the police station only to find Bolin and Varrick there. Each of them seemed pretty frantic about something.

Korra: "Bolin?" I say as I approach him.

Bolin: "Korra! Oh, thank god you here!" He yells wrapping me in a hug.

You: "Bolin, what's wrong?" M/N says as he walks up behind me.

Varrick: "It's Kuvira! She's gone absolutely psycho!"

Korra: "How?" I ask him, I knew she might have been a bit power hungry, but I don't think she's ever truly harmed somebody, except for my pride...

Bolin: "She's using some kind of spirit beam! She cut down spirit vines from the swamp and is using them to power some kind of unstoppable cannon!"

You: "What?!" I turn around to see M/N wide-eyed.

Korra: "M/N? What is it?" He looks at me.

You: "Korra, if she cut down "spirit" vines and is using "their" power for her own use. How do you think the "spirits" will react? We already have one spirit on our ass I really don't need, well, the rest of them as well." Oh no...

Korra: "We need to warn Raiko and the other world leaders about this." He nods in agreement and we set out for the capitol building.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

Izumi: "I will not lend you help to attack them. The Fire Nation has been involved in enough violence already."

Raiko: "Fine, then we'll set up a perimeter around the city, try and keep them from reaching it."

Izumi: "That, I will help you with." 'I'm coming M/N... You better be ready...' What!? I whip my head around, to find no one behind me.

Korra: "M/N? What's wrong?" She whispers over to me. I look down at her, only to see her face bloodied and bruised, and streams of blood coming from her eyes. 'You can't stop me...' I turn around again, only to be facing a statue of Aang. "M/N?! What's going on?"

You: "He's here... Show Yourself Valek!" I yell. I walk towards the statue and release my claws, only to have it fly out at me. I'm barely able to jump out of the way, it flies into the wall on the other side and shatters. But as it does the landscape changes, I'm now in some kind of warehouse, then I see Korra, kneeling on the ground and Amon standing over her. "NO!" I reach out as he presses his thumb to her forehead. She falls limp to the ground, then tries to bend at Amon, nothing. Then he turns to me.

Amon: "You weren't here for her then... One day... one day you won't be there for her again... and then... she will die..." everything fades away to black and when I open my eyes again I'm back in the meeting room. I see my hands were enveloped in F/C flames. I look up though, and see scorch marks everywhere.

Korra POV

Raiko: "What the hell's happening to him?!" He yells from behind the table. I dive over behind a pillar to avoid a blast of fire from him.

Korra: "It's some kind of spirit! It shows him visions! I'm guessing he doesn't like this one all that much!" A few minutes later the flames stop, I peak around the pillar and see M/N standing there looking around the room wide eyed.

Raiko: "Arrest him immediately!" I see a dozen guards surround him.

Korra: "Raiko!? What Are You Doing?!"

Raiko: "He tried to kill me! Korra! This Man Is Insane! A Spirit Showing Him A Vision?! Use Your Head! He's Lying!!" I look towards M/N, I know he's not lying... Because I've been through the same thing after Zaheer poisoned me... The guards close in on him, he contracts his claws.

You: "Your making a mistake Raiko!"

Raiko: "No! I'm doing what is necessary!" He looks at me, closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath. When he opens them, they're glowing a bright white. Then I hear a mix of his and a woman's voice.

Gaea/You: "My name is Gaea, and this is my vessel. If you do not know me, I am the goddess of the earth. M/N has been through more than you could possibly imagine, the loss of his family, more pain than you knew could exist, the guilt of your own family dying because of you, being all alone for years on end, being hunted and tortured constantly, going weeks without sleep because of his nightmares, and being experimented on and made into a science project. You have no idea what you're dealing with. You are nothing but a peasant among the spirits, know your place. If any of your guards even touches him or the avatar... I will see to your punishment, personally." Then he falls to his knees, he blinks a few times and the glowing in his eyes fades. He stands again and looks around confused.

You: "What happened?" He says rubbing the side of his head.

Raiko: "You tried to kill us. That's what happened." M/N snaps his head towards Raiko.

You: "I'm sorry, would "you" like to be haunted by some evil spirit of yourself that makes you see the person you care most in the world about in pain? In agony? Imagine seeing the person you care for so much that you would die for a hundred times over go through horrible pain, and you can't do anything but watch... You try to help, but it always ends up the same... They get hurt, and it's because you couldn't help them, or you weren't there for them..." He leans against a pillar and slides down to the ground. I look over and see Raiko with a shocked look on his face, while Tenzin and Wu have sad frowns on their faces, and Fire Lord Izumi on the verge of tears. I get up and walk over to M/N, then sit down next to him. He buries his head between my neck and shoulder... and cries. "Why...? Why do these things happen to me? What did I do to deserve having visions of you in pain?" He says sobbing.

Korra: "Y-you see me?" He nods and pulls back from my shoulder.

You: "Yea, but the worst is when I see you hurt... I look towards you, and see your clothes tattered and your face is bruised and covered in blood..." He sees me... The person he cares most about in the world, is me...