24

Nami looked at Luffy who was sitting at the entrance of the cave, his back leaned against the stone wall, as he watched the rain with an impatient look on his face. If that was going to last too long, Sanji will come and he won't have what to cook. That thought just couldn't stop bothering the poor guy.

As she watched him, the orange haired girl just couldn't stop blushing. How did it come to this? Again? It was just so curious how she always ended up with him in tight spaces like those. Her heart was pounding at the mere thought of him hugging her again. She really wanted to. She wanted to feel the heat of his body just like that morning. She wanted to laugh with him as they cuddled in bed. But Luffy just wouldn't do anything this time. Aside from trying to count the rain drops while shivering with impatience, he wouldn't do anything else. Or so she thought, because little did she know, Luffy was secretly fighting himself, trying to decide what to do. He seriously thought that he should ease up on her until he could finally find the courage to talk to her, just like Sabo advised him. He thought that that was a good time to tell her how he felt, but his pounding heart felt like closing his mouth shut. He didn't seem to be able to find the strength to start talking about something like that.

Nami, on the other hand, couldn't stop thinking about her little talk with Robin at the Den Den Mushi, the night before. Robin was always right and Nami only knew just what of a good observer he friend was. There was not a single thing that went unnoticed by her and that's why she knew she could trust the raven haired woman when she said Luffy liked her. Even so, she found it so hard to comprehend. It just seemed so unbelievable. Luffy having feelings of this kind towards her. But she couldn't just stand there and wait for good things to happen to her. She did nothing really to get closer to Luffy so far. Every time they ended up falling asleep hugged, every time they got closer, it was all Luffy's doing. That's why, at that moment, she pushed all the thoughts bothering her aside, stood up and walked to Luffy's side, catching his attention. She then casually sat in his lap, took his hand and wrapped it around herself as she cuddled at his chest. Even though she looked calm while doing it, her heart felt like bursting out of her chest.

Luffy couldn't move for a few seconds, that before he hugged her closer and placed a kiss on her forehead. He thought it was so weird as up to that point, the orange haired girl never did something like that and so straight forward too, but he couldn't help but smile with all of his heart. Now he was really encouraged to talk to her. Even so, he still decided that wasn't the time. He just wanted to enjoy those moments at their fullest, as always. It didn't matter to him that that was just an excuse because he, still, was scared of what might come after the talk he was supposed to have with her.

^^^

Both Koala and Sabo were sitting in the tight cave, watching the rain outside. The smell of the wet mud as well as the sound of the rain drops splashing on the ground made a nice and calm atmosphere.

At one point, Koala broke the comfortable silence and spoke:

-Say, Sabo! Is there anything wrong with you and Luffy?

-Why would you even ask that? the blonde man defended himself, trying to hide his true feelings.

-Don't give me that crap! Despite her tough words, her voice was calm and warm. Tell me. What's going on?

A deep sigh from Sabo made the orange haired girl understand that he had given in.

-I... ugh! How should I put this? It's just that, I look at him and see just how much he has grown... After my memories came back just two years ago, I could only remember their children faces and all this makes me realize just how much of their lives I've missed.

Koala remained silent and just looked at Sabo with sad eyes.

-Two years ago, all I could remember about Luffy was that small, cute crybaby with his eyes set on the biggest goal someone could have in this world. His goal is the same even now. The only difference is that now he is so much closer to it. I can remember the days when me and Ace trained him and helped him control his Devil Fruit powers like they were yesterday and then I look at him as he is now. He's leading an infamous pirate crew that never failed to surpass everyone's expectations.