21

Two knocks in the wooden door forced Luffy back to the reality. He panicked a little when seeing that it was getting darker outside. Just how long has he been sitting there, imagining all kind of scenarios of when he'll meet the orange haired girl's eyes again that day.

The sight of his brother stepping inside the room calmed him down, though.

-Dinner's ready so let's-

-I almost kissed her, Luffy said without even listening to what Sabo was going to say. Weird enough, the word "dinner" didn't even reach his ears.

Sabo, taken by surprise, remained silent for a split second, then, closing the door behind him, started laughing.

He just fell to the floor, crossed his legs and put one of his hands on his knee to keep his back straight while with the other he wiped away the tears that formed in the corner of his eyes.

-Why're you laughing?! Luffy angrily asked. Now she might be really mad at me, he then pouted. Maybe she won't even talk to me anymore!

-So that's why Nami was acting so odd, said Sabo more for himself, then lifted his head and looked at Luffy.

-So you almost kissed her, huh? He tried to remain serious, but the big, somehow teasing smile just wouldn't leave his face.

-Yeah. But the thing is, I didn't even realize what I was doing! When I heard Koala talking to someone outside the room I woke up and realized how close we were! And she didn't do anything to stop me. It might be because I was holding her too tight, but still.

-And why is it so bad?

-What do you mean? She might be really pissed at me now! I have to thank Koala that she came in at the right moment or I don't see how she'd ever forgive me!

-But didn't you say that she didn't do anything to stop you?

-I already told you that it might've been because I was holding her too tight!

-Then she should've said something or maybe struggle to escape. Here, he made a short, almost unnoticeable pause like he couldn't find his words to continue, even though he knew exactly what he was going to say. Tell me, Luffy, why can't we just assume that she didn't do anything to stop you because she, really, didn't want you to stop?

-How could that be? I thought it'd be gross to be kissed by someone you don't like, the raven haired boy pouted as he said those words.

-And how do you know she doesn't like you?

-B-but she couldn't possibly-

-Have you ever asked her? Did she ever specifically told you that she has no feelings of this kind towards you?

-No, but-

-No buts! I honestly think she at least likes you, Sabo smiled kindly towards his brother. I say you should talk to her and sort things out. That, of course, if you want to listen to big brother Sabo's advice.

-And what if she won't talk to me then? What if?

-That's not gonna happen. You guys, in that crew, have a special bond. There's no way that something like this would put up a barrier between you two.

Luffy has been truly encouraged by his brother's words and decided that he would listen to him. He just felt like it was the best that way.

-Thanks, Sabo, he grinned, now back to his usual, carefree, self. Now, let's go! I'm starving!

^^^

-They sure are taking their sweet time, those two, Koala complained while taping the table with her finger. And we were nice enough not to start eating before they got here, she then pouted, making Nami giggle.