Chapter 1: A Bad Day

Miserable at Best

Chapter 1: A Bad Day  

   'Beep beep beep' went my stupid alarm clock. I grabbed the annoying machine and tried to throw it across the room, sadly it didn't go very far since the cord was still plugged in, and it kept on beeping. I grumpily got up and kicked the stupid thing, stubbing my toe and causing me to curse. I finally decided to unplug the peice of crap and throw it out the window so I don't have to deal with it tomorrow. Right when I was about to throw it, I heard a knock at my door.

   "What?" I snapped at whoever was at the door.

   I turned around to see two very amused faces belonging to my brother Trevor, and his best friend Zachary, peeking from behind my door. They were both laughing like they had just witnessed the most hilarious thing in the world.

   "Trying to see time fly again Kay?" Trevor laughed at my daily attempt to get rid of the annoying contraption.   

   "Shutup Trey!" I said setting my alarm clock back on my night stand

   "Awe Katie is that any way to talk to Trevor?"Zachary teased.

   "Bite me Zachary!" I said closing my door in their faces.

   "Fiesty, just the way I like 'em." Zach said through the door.

   Before walking away I heard Trevor smack Zach and say something along the lines of 'dude that's my little sister.' I just snickered and walked towards my bathroom.

   I almost forgot, Im Katie Sanders, your average sixteen year old girl. By now you obviously know I have a brother, Trevor or as I call him Trey is the best brother anyone could ask for. We got to be really close, considering he's practically my legal guardian since my parents are never home.

   As I got to my bathroom I turned on the water to my shower. I quickly stripped out of my green tank top and blue shorts, and got into the glass shower letting the hot water wake me up.

   After what seemed like forever, I finally got out of the showe wrapping a fluffy  towel around my body. I went to my closet and picked out a dark purple tank top that fit me perfectly hugging what little curves I do have, and a pair of short shorts that made my legs look flawless. I quickly dried my hair with my towel and ran a brush through the tangly blonde mess.  After pulling on some low top converse that matched my shirt I grabbed my stuf and opened my door. As I opened the door Zach's fist connected with my jaw, as he was about to knock      

   "Oh my gosh! Katie I'm so sorry! I was trying to knock." Awe zach looked so cute as he apologized.

   Yes I just called Zach cute. I know he's my brother's best friend and all, but I'm not blind. I've had a HUGE crush on him since we were seven or six. Don't judge.

   "Jeeze dude. How hard did you hit her, I think she has brain damage." Trey said breaking me out of my thoughts.

   "Uh?" was all Zach could think of to say.

   "Are you okay?" Trey asked concerned.

   "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Zach hits like a girl anyways." I laughed while Zach glared. 

   "I told you, I was trying to knock, not hit you." Zach replied a little frustrated

   "what were you doing trying to knock on my sisters door anyways Zach?" Trevor said

   "Yes, Zachary. Do enlighten us on why you were going to knock on my door?" I laughed, although I  genuinely did want to know why.

   "I was bored, and Trevor was taking forever to get ready." Zach shrugged, little did he know it crushed my once high hopes.

   "Okay now that that's settled I'm hungry, let's hit Micky D's before school." I said trying to hide my disapointedness.

And it worked both Zach and Trey laughed at my randomeness yet agreed. But it really didn't take much to convince them, it was our daily routine after all. We all piled into the front of Trey's old truck. I honestly had no idea why he had it, I mean our parents are loaded yet he chose to buy a used truck as his first car with his own money rather than let our parents buy him a brand new one, or use the hefty allowence our parents gave us since they are never home. 

   I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt two nudges, one in each side of my ribs. I looked up and saw that we were in the drive thru of Mc Donalds.

   "Uhh, I'll have the Sausage Mcmuffin, and a hash brown." The words came out naturally as it was the same order I've been getting since the start of our routine.

   Trey always got the Egg McMuffin, while Zach got both a Sausage McGriddle and Egg Mcmuffin, and 3 sides of hash browns. Yeah that boy could eat like there's no tomorrow. When we got our order and payed we took off towards Starbucks since Zach couldn't live without his caramel Mochiado. I also ordered a Green tea frapachino with extra wipcream, and then headed towards school and Trey just got an Iced coffee.

   "Jeeze guys. Could you not make a mess please." Trey laughed as me and Zach devoured our breakfast.

   "Whatever Trey. Zach can I pretty please have one of your hashbrowns." I said reaching for one.

   "Eat your own hash brown girly." He replied smacking my hand away from his food.

   "Dont you guys think this is getting old. We've been doing the same thing every morning since we were in middle school." Trey sighed pulling into the school parking lot.

   "Never!" I said snatching Zach's last hash brown from his hand as I jumped over him to get out of the truck.

   "Oi! Get back here with my hashbrown!" I heard Zach call after me.

   Lucky for me I was faster than him, even while I was eating. When I thought it was safe I turned around to see Zach not very far from where I was. I stuck my tongue out and shoved the last of the hashbrown in my mouth. I tasted something a little off with it, but I shook the feeling off. By the time Zach caught up with me I had swallowed the remainder of it.

   "Oh, your gonna pay this time." Zach said pushing me against the hall wall, I hadn't even noticed we were in the school.

"What are you gonna do Zach? Make me buy you another one." I said in a teasing voice.

   "Oh, no. I'm going to do something I've been wanting to do for a while." He replied, his face inching forward.

   "Awe are you going to punch me. Oh wait you did that this morning." I said laughing trying to hold my composure, as Zach kept leaning in.

   At first I thought he was going to kiss me, but I shook that thought away, along with a rotten feeling in my stomache. I stared into Zach's gorgeous sea blue eyes, which were cloaked by his honey blonde hair. He was absolutely hot, but of course he was considered a man slut.

   My stomache suddenly flipped, and my first instinct was that I was excited about Zach being this close to me. Boy was I wrong. As soon as Zach was less than an inch away from my face i felt it. The worst feeling I have ever felt. I quickly pushed Zach away and sprinted towards the bathroom. 'Ugh food poisoning just great' I thought sarcastically. Now Zach probably thought I didn't like him being that close. Could this day get any worse?