42- Cocktails with Friends

Start from the beginning

"What can I say? I love tequila!" He laughs, helping with the cleaning.

The guests should be here soon and I'm getting really excited. It's our first time hosting a get together! I invited our boss, Vincent. Our coach and friend, Pytronica. Bill's other two friends, Tad and Teeth. And finally, Bill's brother! I finally get to meet him.

Vincent is the first to show up, then the rest of them one after the other. I start serving drinks and talking to a few of them. They're all really nice people, which I wasn't expecting when I first moved in with Bill.

"You know teeth, I remember you from weirdmaggedan." I say passing him a drink.

"Yup, what a party that was! I wish you could have been on our side of it." I chuckles. "Sorry about that by the way."

"As fun as it sounds, it's not really my thing." I laugh.

He smiles at me sweetly. The funny thing about teeth is, when you'd expect him to have the equivalent of a stereotypical hillbilly's teeth. In reality, however, he has the nicest teeth I've ever seen. They're all inhumanly shiny and perfectly straight.

"What is your thing, hazelnuts?" He asks curiously.

"Hazelnuts?"

"I can taste your aura, and it tastes like hazelnuts. Now answer my question."

"Well, I like to read and I love nature. I really like music, obviously, and I love Bill." I say thinking.

"Nature? I love nature!!" He exclaims excitedly. "We should explore the forest dimension sometime."

"There's a whole dimension of forest?!" I say surprised.

"Yup, that's where I live. The aura is sooooo good!"

"It would be great to go sometime."

Just then Bill walks over, looking at us both questioningly.

"Why didn't you tell me there was a forest dimension?" I say turning to Bill.

"It's kinda boring..." He states awkwardly.

"Are you kidding? I love nature! Teeth is gonna take me some time."

"Well I guess things are going well then?" He asks happily.

"You got a keeper here Cipher." Teeth laughs, "if only I knew he was a demon before weirdmaggedan, I would have made a play."

Bill is about to say something, but is interrupted by Pytronica yelling,

"Yo guys! Boss is gonna do something nuts!"

"If you break something I want extra days off work!" I yell walking towards the situation.

Stan POV

After a few months, I managed to be on speaking terms with Ford and Mabel. We haven't talked about Dipper, but I know they miss him. Last time I walked down to Ford's basement he was staring at an old photo of dipper and him from the first summer they came. Mabel hadn't changed anything that was Dipper's in their room, everything in his half looked like he had left a few minutes ago. I knew they missed him, so I decided to invite Dipper and Bill to the shack for Christmas. There will probably be a big explosion of emotion, but if I know our family, we will always love each other. Hopefully it will all end peacefully and we can be together again, ending this whole drama for good.

"Ford, Mabel, I have something to tell you guys." I declare bravely.

We're all sitting at the table and eating breakfast. Meals are the only times we all get together in a normal day, as we all have our own things going on.

"Well what is it? We don't have all day." Ford sighs.

"I know you don't want to talk about this, but..."

"What is it Gruncle Stan!" Mabel slightly yells impatiently.

"I have contact with Dipper and Bill." I say quickly, wondering if they even understood what I said. Ford definitely did.

"What?!" He shouts, making Mabel and I jump.

Mabel is silent for a minute and then quietly says,

"How?"

"Over text with Bill mostly, a few phone calls, and I met them for coffee a few months ago." I explain, watching her movements closely.

Her face is expressionless and she stays silent as Ford continues to yell.

"You imbecile! He's probably brainwashing you through the phone!"

"Oh come on Ford, even you know that's bullshit!" I yell back.

He's about to say something, but shuts his mouth. I take a deep breath and continue talking in a normal volume sternly.

"Look Ford, Mabel, I know you miss Dipper. He misses you, a lot, which is surprising considering the obvious. I don't care what you still believe, but I can tell you 100% that it's wrong. Everything that happened, what they told us, it was all real. So drop this grudge, because you've torn the family to shreds. I'm only trying to stitch what's left of it back together, and you both know I'm not very good at sewing. Stop thinking about yourselves before I leave too."

There's a moment of silence, Mabel looks almost dead and Ford has steam coming from his ears.

"I have to go to school." Mutters Mabel before she gets up and leaves with her bag.

"You're making a big mistake brother." Ford whispers with venom.

"No, you're making a big mistake. I was always the idiot that couldn't get anything right, but for once, you're the ignorant one. Have fun in your basement." I return with the same anger. Then left.

Let's hope Christmas goes well... I'll just let them ease into it with this news. I think happily. I don't know what it is, but I have a good feeling about this.