What is Creepypasta?

"Creepypasta are essentially internet horror stories, passed around on forums and other sites to disturb and frighten readers. The name "Creepypasta" comes from the word "copypasta", an internet slang term for a block of text that gets copied and pasted over and over again from website to website." - Google

To put it simply, they are scary stories that can found be found all over the web! 

Ok, to me this doesn't sound right but I copied and pasted from Creepypasta wiki.

These are the categories...

Animals: Far from your cute, cuddle-worthy pets, these pastas involve animals.
(Ex: Poodle Cut, Smile Dog)

Beings: Pastas that involve some unknown being, often with malicious intents.
(Ex: BOB, Rake)

Cryptids: A collection of unsettling cryptozoological-related stories.
(Ex:

Demon/Devil: Vile entities from the abyssal depths.

Ghosts: Stories about the paranormal.
(Ex: Bloody Mary)

Monsters: Things that go bump in the night, but are neither beings nor demons/devils.

Computers and Internet: Pastas with elements of computer weirdness, like cursed files, programs or websites.
(Ex: Barbie.avi)

Lost Episodes: These stories typically are geared towards revealing information about missing, lost, or otherwise previously unheard of episodes, movies, or other digital media through a special screening or meeting usually directed to a very small group of people, and even one person. 
(Ex: Dead Bart, Candle Cove, 1919)

Mental Illness: Pastas involving various levels of insanity.

Mirrors: These kinds of stories typically involve mirrors and their strange abilities.

Poetry: These stories are the bowtie pasta to the atypical spaghetti of prose pastas. These stories are poems.
(Ex: Chef the Griller)

Science: Everything from insane experiments to scientifically based mind-f×ckery are located here.
(Ex: The Russian Sleep Experiment, Tulpa)

Theory: Stories that look at something from a different perspective.

Video Games: Generally, these are stories about strange goings-on in video games.
(Ex: BEN Drowned, Dark Link)

Pokemon: Pastas involving the many multitudes of the all 646 'mons. May Arceus have mercy on your soul. 
(Ex: Lost Silver, Glitchy Red, BRVR )

Videos: Pastas with videos in them. Even scarier than just reading them! 
(Ex: Suicide Mouse)

Fun Fact:
Did you know...
There are Creepypasta based on various fandoms such as My Little Pony, Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Sonic and more!