Chapter Two

Author Note: Hey guys please remember to fan. comment. tweet. and vote. Thanks <3

=======================================================================

I woke up feeling like I've been hit by a train. Probably the Hogwarts Express (A/N jk) considering the magnitude of my headache. But seriously I don't remember anything from last night...

LAST NIGHT!

I bolted abruptly, ignoring the pain in my head. I looked around shocked to see myself in a room fit for a queen. The room was decorated in a myriad of red and gold, aligned on the walls were doors that lead to g-d knows where. But the thing that drawled my attention was the massive mirror in the center of the room. For all I could tell it was just a mirror but something magnetized me towards it.

I tried to get up and pay no heed to the ache in my skull but once I heard the door handle jiggle I went back to the bed, trying to pretend that I was still sleeping.

"This is the new suitor, your highness", the same guy from last night said.

"Thanks Toby and I told you to call me Kaden." someone said as they walked closer to the bed.

I started 'snoring' hoping it was persuasive enough that they would just leave me alone. The blankets around me were gently pulled and I could feel their eyes on me.

"She's pretty"

"Yeah she's feisty also. She even had a knife and thought it can actually cause some damage"

They chuckled as if it was some inside joke. After a couple minutes of light conversation, I heard them leave, and once I heard the satisfying click of the door closing, I jumped up.

I've been kidnapped! Oh just my luck!

I looked around the room and my eyes roamed over the mirror again.

What the heck, I thought as I walked over to it.

I tried my best not to look in my reflection but was surprised to see that I didn't look half as bad as I thought. Actually I looked the best I have in ages. My usual pale skin had a certain glow to it that many of the girls at my school would certainly envy. My hazel eyes seem to pop out way more, and my hair was actually acceptable. Who would have known that being kidnapped would make you look like a million bucks?

(Note the sarcasm)

"Mirror, Mirror on the wall. Who's the fairest of them all", I joked as I continued examining myself.

"You are, my dear"

I jumped up alarmed to see a face in the mirror. This can't be happening.

"Don't worry my dear. I mean not to scare you", the man in the mirror said.

Whoa, is this some sort high-tech gadget thingy that people had nowadays. Somehow I doubted it.

"Who are you", I said hesitantly making sure I kept a good distance from it.

"I'm Micah and I'm the loyal servant of the King, forever bound in this unbreakable mirror", the face in the mirror said matter of factly.

King? I thought hastily as I tried to regain my composure.

But just as I was about to ask some more questions a lady in her mid forties walked in accompanied with other girls my age.

"You. Come here now. We have an orientation to get to", she said before turning on her heel and walking out.

Shrugging I followed the girls, confused that they weren't balling their eyes out or something. I mean, we were just kidnapped!

"Hi my name is Kailey, and I'm guessing you're wondering where you are, right?" a girl with jet black hair and a beautiful face said to me.

"Uh yea, and my name is Layla", I said shakily.

I noticed many of the girls giving me sideway glances, as if they were sizing me up. I smiled when a girl with blonde tussled hair looked at me but all she did was scowl and continue talking with her friends.

"You're in hell", she said sweetly.

I couldn't help but look at her like she just grown three heads.

"Yeah, yeah that's exactly how I was when they told me. But just look around, we aren't on Earth anymore"

With that I looked around. My eyes seem to widen and my jaw practically hit the floor. She was right, I wasn't in California anymore.

==============================================================================

Copyright © Valerie Lopez

All Rights Reserved.