Attracting Elements

Start from the beginning

"Since I'm the boss, I order you to do the paperwork."

"Why the he** did I think this is a good idea at first?" Squalo smacked his head against the wall as Xanxus put on his smug face.

____

Xanxus and Squalo were doing their mission when Xanxus tensed up suddenly.

"Voi, what happened?"

Xanxus narrowed his eyes. He felt a faint tug, like someone was calling for him. He touched the little pouch which was hanging around his neck. He could feel the slight pulsation from the pacifier inside the pouch.

He left Squalo without any words to track down the source of the tug.

__________

There was an infant with dark hoodie leaning against the tree about a mile from where Xanxus and Squalo were.

The illusionist was struggling to maintain her illusion to stop her bleeding. She has used up all her energy in the fight that took place just now. She won but at the same time, she also received a few gun shots at her vital organs.

I.... I refused to die here......Someone........help........

Just when she began to lose her consciousness, she heard the rustling of the bushes. It could be wild animals or even backup from the enemies. But, instead of worried, she felt safe.

______

"You left me to clean out the mess and come back with a baby?! WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Squalo yelled the moment Xanxus returned to him.

"Shut up, trash. We need to get her injuries treated immediately."

Squalo found it weird because Xanxus was not the one who would care for people, especially a stranger. Heck, Xanxus was a bastard that gave him a kick when he got shot at the stomach last time.

Nevertheless, he still called for the medical team. "How did you even know the baby is a she?"

"The baby doesn't look like a boy."

_____

It was the first time Xanxus wore the feathers and raccoon tail on his neck. He was out with Squalo in the town to restock their firearms.

Unfortunately, some stupid mafiosos who have death wish decided to ambush them.

Lussuria who was nearby saw the whole fighting scene and fangirled. It's rare to find someone with such a great combat skill and have a fashion sense.

He showed up the next day at the Varia mansion and proved himself worthy to be one of the squad captains. It was also worth to note that part of the reasons why he was accepted in the Varia was because his cooking was worth dying for.

Squalo was laughing his a** off on the floor at Xanxus' incredulous face when Lussuria told them the reason why he decided to quit his freelance life and joined the Varia. All because he saw Xanxus wearing the feather accessories. The silver-haired swordsman got hit on his head by a vase for the first time.

_____

"I only gone for three days and you gained yourself a puppy."

"Did you accidentally cut out your brain cells, sharky trash? I didn't have puppy."

"Then, who's that?" Squalo raised his eyebrows and glanced at the man who was standing obediently by the wall behind Xanxus.

Xanxus turned around and saw Levi. "What the he**? I thought I already get rid of you, trash."

(Levi saw how Xanxus eliminated a whole famiglia which coincidentally was an enemy of his without breaking a sweat. His inner fanboy mode was on and he decided right there and then to follow Xanxus throughout his life.)

______

"I knew it. You're really the type that attract weirdo, aren't you?" Squalo deadpanned when an 8 years old self-proclaimed prince joined their team and live with them in the Varia mansion.

Xanxus' bullet narrowing missed the swordsman by 1cm. "Maybe, it was you that caused me to attract weirdo. All this happen after I met you."

Squalo retaliated by aiming a slash at Xanxus.

"How dare you attack boss? I'll kill you with my Levi Volta."

"Ushishishishi. The prince is not a weirdo." Bel flings a few knives towards Squalo and Levi.

"Shut up. I'm trying to balance the account here."

"No fighting in the mansion or no dinner for you guys. It's hard to clean the blood stain, you know." Lussuria shouted from the kitchen when he heard the ruckus.

______

Xanxus would never admit it, but he liked his current family and the chaos. Definitely better than his father who only visited him once in a blue moon.

Everything was going well until one day, the warmth from the pacifier disappeared suddenly. He felt empty and weakened and it was only thanks to the bonds between him and his guardians that he managed to keep a level head. But, it didn't last long. The feelings of hatred that has sprouted in his heart overcame his sense when he found out about the adoption.

He was 14 years old when he started the Cradle affair.

___

TBC

A/n: My exam got postponed so I decided to write this chapter although half of this chapter is not in my initial plot. Xanxus deserved a happy crazy family even though it's only for a short time. Also, ring conflict will still happen. I just need time to think how it's going to take place.

I thought Viper is a girl ever since she appeared in the anime until I saw the wiki said that Viper's gender is unknown. So, I'm going to stick with Viper being a girl.