Chapter 6

Snow's POV

I back up into Paw Bear's arms before covering my face with my hands. This can't be happening. I thought this was over a long time ago. Fuck!!! No, never again, NO!!!! "Baby, what is it?" he asks softly, nuzzling my hair with his nose to let me know he's here but be non threatening. "I- it's not Gabe" I squeak out, feeling my hands start to shake. Brantley reaches forward to grab the letter and holds me tighter with one muscular arm as he reads it. The more seconds go by the tighter his grip gets and the louder I can hear him gritting his teeth to hold back the anger. After a good 30 seconds he crumples up the piece of paper and throws it then turns me around to hold me. "This can't be happening" I mumble into his chest, gripping onto his t-shirt as tight at I can. "Sweetheart, I'm not gonna let this happen. You've been put through too much by that bastard. I'm not letting him close to you again". The calming words of my amazing husband slightly help but there's no stopping fear like this. Once it's there I need my own time to get over it and calm myself down, even though others do help at times. "I thought he was done. He terrorized me for 14 years of my life until you came into the picture and spent years trying to make himself a place back in my life. I thought he gave up and I would never have to deal with him again. This is fucking bullshit!" I yell, running my hands over my tightly pulled back hair and backing away from Brantley. 

Brantley's POV

Holding in my anger the best I can while seeing my wife flip out over this boy that wants back in her life it, hurts. I don't like seeing her panic, especially from fear. I get down on one knee, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her down onto my knee where she slumps down on my shoulder. "This can't be happening" she whimpers into my neck as I start to feel an aching pain in my chest. "I'm not gonna let it happen baby girl. I promise" I pull her closer, nuzzling her neck. There's no way in hell I'm letting him back in her life. She's too important to me for me to let her get hurt. 

(The letter)

Dear Snow

I know you don't want to have anything to do with me but I need you in my life. Baby, you're my only child and I love you with all my heart. You've made a great life for yourself and I'm so proud but I raised you. I deserve to be a part of it too. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me and I feel that I deserve some credit. I put you through school and provided for you and you got into college because of it, even if it was just a dance school. I want to see grandkids and see your mothers eyes that you got from her and the ring on your finger. I'm not okay with who you're with but we can work on that later, right now I just need to have you back in my life. And you need to know that you're still important to me. I miss you Snow. Please come back to me and let us be a family like before you broke the rest of this family up.

-Love Dad