Chapter 5

Brantley's POV

I wake up when I feel the bed suddenly dip hard beside me and looking over to see Snow, red faced with a wet wash cloth draped over her forehead. There's that hangover I was expecting. Pulling the covers off of me, I turn and rest my feet on the floor, willing myself to wake up fully before standing up. I let Sylo out of the room and let him outside before getting the Aspirin and a bottle of Gatorade and turn on the coffee maker to warm up. Jogging upstairs, I get into our room and sit down by Snow, nudging her side to get her attention. "Here baby, you need to drink something" I tell her, opening the lid to the Gatorade and handing it to her. Groaning, she sits up and takes the bottle from me along with the Aspirin I had held out for her. "How you feeling?" I ask, softly grazing my fingers over her shoulder as she takes the Aspirin, leaning forward to rest on her head on my chest with a groan. "I'll take that as a not good" I chuckle softly as she pushes her legs out from under her and lays down in my lap. Taking her in, legs sprawled out up by the headboard and her little hands gripping onto my leg so she doesn't fall, I just can't help but smile and pull her closer. "Ya know I could go downstairs and fix you some coffee like I'd planned oooooor I could let the coffee maker auto-off and curl up in this bed with you. Which one do you want" I whisper into her ear softly, before she climbs further into my lap and whines "Lay with me". With a chuckle, I pick her up and lay her back in bed, climbing in bedside her and pulling my little snowflake into me. I grab the wet washcloth off the nightstand and lay it across the back of her neck to keep her cooled down so maybe she won't get nauseous again. "Thank you Paw Bear" she mumbles into my chest, snuggling in closer, only making me smile widder. "You cute little shit" I rumble with a laugh, holding her a little bit tighter.

"Baby did you check the mail?" Snow yells from the kitchen to where I'm cleaning up the garage. Since it's December in Georgia it actually feels nice outside so little miss cranky demanded that we have some windows open and that we could keep both garage doors open so if she needed me I could actually hear her. I sit the grease-covered rags that I had in my hand down and step into the house so I can hear her better. The real reason is so I get a good laugh. When it's cleaning day you can always almost guarantee that you'll find Snow in one of the most weird/awkward places and positions while cleaning. She says she gets bored while cleaning so she finds a way to make it interesting. "Did you say the mail" I holler, heading for the kitchen, assuming she's there. I step into the kitchen as soon as she says yes and stare up at her standing on the counters to dust the cab cabinets and chuckle. "What the hell are you doing?" I ask, bracing my hands on the island as I look up at her. She just stands there for second, letting me take in the pajama shorts, old shirt of mine that's completely split down both sides and no bra whatsoever underneath. "Brantley!! Did you check the mail? You know I've got a couple Christmas presents coming and amazon says they were delivered" she snaps her fingers to get my attention, swinging her ponytail in the process, only adding to her sassiness. I raise my hands in surrender, chuckling as I ask her "alright, I'll go check it but do you need down first? You look like you're having a bit of a hard time baby". With a middle finger directed towards me, she turns back around and goes back to dusting. Stubborn ass woman. 

"Pull me under, wake me up. Feel the rush. Morphine lover make me numb. Make it so I can't get up" I absentmindedly sing something that's been in my head for weeks now as I walk down the drive to open the gate and check the mail. Snow's been on a punk rock music craze lately. Constantly some band playing of boys that sound like girls, singing about mental illnesses. Dark as hell and most of them spiteful. Now she's got the shit in my head. Momma nearly whooped me when I started singing "heroine my sweetest sin" while I was over with Kolby to help her clean out her high cabinets a month or so ago. Getting hit in the ass with a wooden spoon is not pleasant. Could've just gotten that information from Snow but knowing her she would've told me she likes it because, well, I know she does. I get down to the gate and hit the button for it to open then open up the mailbox, pulling out a couple envelopes and a bag with what feels like some sort of clothes in it. Jesus, if that girl bought herself a Christmas present. I step back through the gate and close it back, hearing a vehicle pass by on the road on the other side as I walk back up to the house. "Okay, now I got the mail" I call out as I walk into the house, finding Snow still standing on the counter just looking at the ground like she doesn't know what to do. "Your stuck ain't you?" I ask with a chuckle. Glaring at me, she tries to squat down to sit and slide off back onto the ground but doesn't trust herself enough and stands back up before she tries to sit. She glances back over at me, leaning in the walkway with my arms crossed, watching with amusement. With a sigh she tells me "Get over here and help me down you asshole", putting her hands on her hips. laughing, I say to the small woman "Yes dear" before grabbing her by her hips and lowering her back into the hardwood. "How's your head?" I ask, wrapping my arms around my wife and leaning down to kiss her forehead before she nods, letting me know it's better. "What was in the mail" Snow asks, sliding on her socked feet to the island where I sat the mail to check it. "I didn't look at it. Probably just bills and that Christmas present you've been talking about". I just lean against the countertop and watch her go through the mail, specially paying attention to the cut out sides of my shirt she has on. She couldn't at least put a bra on, she had to tease me, knowing we've got house work to do. As my eyes travel her body, the temptation building before I notice her body become rigid. Her shoulders caving in on her and her posture become more uncomfortable. "Brantley" she whines, dropping the mail as her hands curl into fists she holds close to herself, backing away from the island before I pull her back into my chest...... (To Be Continued)