Chapter 2

Brantley's POV

Pulling the trigger I let out a sigh. "It just sucks, ya know" I say, looking over at my little brother with his own pistol in his hand. "I know, I grew up with it too. Hell, remember he never showed up to any of my baseball games and you took the time to be the damn coach". Ah the memories from that time. I used to be on his ass all the fucking time. "Yeah, I remember" I mumble, grabbing my box of bullet sitting on the railing of the deck and start loading the mag. I feel Kolby's hand on my shoulder before looking over at him and he asks genuinely "you okay bro?". I shrug his hand off and cock it back. BANG. "I'm fine". Kolby sighs closing his bullet's and slips his Ruger back into it's holster. "I gotta get back to the house" He tells me before bro hugging me and heading back inside to go out the front door and leave. I keep shooting at the destroyed milk gallon, knocking it around the yard just for the hell of it before I hear the door open back up. "Baby?" Snow ask me and I don't even look back before asking "yeah". I feel her arms wrap around me, her pushing herself to my back cutely. I chuckle and loosen her arms a bit to turn around and look down at her, asking "yes baby girl?". She pokes her lip out and asks me "can I shoot with you?". I laugh and hand her my gun and she grins and kisses my cheek before stepping in front of me and aiming for the jug in the yard. I lay my hands on her hips, while she tries to shoot.

After about 30 minutes of shooting the same damn milk jug we finally realize it's so destroyed we can't shoot it anymore. We're sitting in one of the rockers watching the sun go down when Snow kisses my cheek and tells me "I love you". I smile and kiss her back. "I love you too baby" I say, holding her tighter in my arms. "Okay..... I've got something I need to tell you" she sighs, pulling away a little. I squint my eyes and ask her "baby what's wrong" and she tightly closes her eyes, almost to keep tears in. "I went to-" she gets cut off by the house phone ringing inside. Rolling her eyes she says "I'll get it" standing up out of my lap and going to get the phone. Well that was weird. I look over at the sun, nearly all the way down as I hear the ringing stop, signaling she picked up the phone. I click my rings against the wood of the rocker, wondering what Snow was going to tell me. "FUCK YOU!!!!". I jump up when I hear her yell and I run inside. I get into the kitchen about the time Snow throws the phone across the room. "Hey, hey, hey what's wrong baby?" I ask, resting my hands on her shoulders to make her look at me. She sucks in a breath before telling me "I'm 95% sure whoever the hell that was just said 'Snow Emily Guffet, baby I need you back'. What the fuck???". She's shaking. Snow has become the most calm, non stress prone person I know so this isn't anything like her. "Hey, it's okay, alright? You're okay. What did they sound like baby?". She leans against the counter with her face in her hands and looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "I think it was Gabe". Hearing the crack in her voice, I wrap her in my arms, resting her head on my chest and let her do what I know is trying her best not to cry. I swear to god if that was that Gabe son of a bitch I'm gonna kill somebody. He seemed like an okay dude when I met him while they were still together but he started some stalker shit after me and Snow officially got back together. I ended up having to take matters into my own hands with me and couple buddies of mine then he finally left her alone. I think the 4 broken ribs and severe concussion knocked some sense into him but obviously not for long. It's been, what, a year and a half and now he's fucking with MY wife. The motherfucker'll get what's coming to him, I got 10x more protective over Snow after we got married so he can have fun dealing with me this go around. Looking down at Snow, I feel a sob shake through her body. I reach down and wipe a stray tear off her cheek whispering to her "hey, baby it's okay". She steps back from me and wipes at her eyes, telling me "I'm just frustrated. I thought this shit was over and done with". God, I feel horrible. I just want to make this perfect little world for her. Somewhere where she never gets hurt and I never have to see her tears. If I could constantly have my happy, sweet, amazing little snowflake I'd give anything for it. Wiping the tears off her face, I slide an arm behind her knees and place one in the middle of her back, picking her up gently. "Why don't I go run you a bubble bath. I know it always relaxes you" I softly rumble as Snow buries her head in my neck and nods. After Gabe started stalking Snow when we got back together, he made up all kinds of rumors, told people about the not so vanilla stuff she was into and it really affected her. She lost half her dance students, children, teens and adults. It took Kolby some time to get used to her being around after hearing them and she even lost some friends. The only friends of hers that still stuck by her were Scott, Tye and Faye. Thankfully they helped a lot with keeping her intact when I wasn't home or just when it took more than me to hold her together. She started getting panic attacks, got really antisocial, and somehow the outgoing and crazy little Snow I knew became introverted as all hell. It killed me to see her like that.