Part 14

You laid on your bed with your hands behind you head. There was nothing else to do, so you decided to at least try and get some sleep. You eventually dozed off, although you weren't sure for how long. You were woken up by the sound of your cell door opening. You immediately sat up in bed to see what was going on. Bucky entered your cell. He looked beaten and still slightly bloody and his metal arm was mostly gone. You stood from your bed.

"Bucky?" you whimpered.

He turned to you with hurt written across his face. "Y/n." he sighed.

The two of you immediately embraced each other. Both of you needed the comfort in your own different ways. You buried your face in his shoulder. Nothing needed to be said. You felt as though you were home, even if it was in the middle of your cell.

The two of you stood there in each other's arms for a few minutes before letting go. Bucky put his arm around you and you began to make your way out of the Raft prison and joined the others.

Once you had all made it Wakanda, you were each given an examination one by one. Bucky was the last to go. You were sitting just outside the room that he was inside. You were chatting with T'Challa when Steve came out of the room.

"Y/n, Bucky wants to talk to you." he said.

You got up from your seat and entered the room where Bucky was sitting on an examination table dressed in a white tank top and pants. You smiled at him as you walked in and he smiled in return.

"So, what's up?" you asked.

"I just- I wanted to talk." he started.

"You know we could just talk once your examination is over." you said with a smirk.

"Well, see that's the thing." he started. "I'm gonna go back under." he said.

"What? Why?" you asked.

"Because those trigger words are still in my head and I don't feel comfortable being around people like that, or you for that matter. I'm afraid I'll hurt someone."

"Bucky, you could never hurt me." you reassured him.

"And this is just making sure that I never do." he said and stood to meet you. He took your hand in his. "Believe me, if I could be out here with you, I would. I want it more than anything in the world. But it's just not safe." he explained.

You could feel tears begin to pool in your eyes. "But we just got you back." you choked.

"I'm not leaving, y/n. If you ever need me, you know where to find me. T'Challa's agreed to let you and Steve and everybody else to stay here as long as you need to so you can visit whenever you want. If you ever need to talk, just wake me up."

"But it's not the same." you replied.

"I know. Hopefully they'll find a way to get this stuff out of my head, then I'll be right there waiting for you." he said with a smile. "I love you, y/n." he sighed.

"I love you too." you replied and let a tear roll down your cheek.

Bucky wiped it away with his thumb then caressed the side of your face. You watched him as he came closer and closer to you. You closed the gap between the two of you and kissed him tenderly. Now you really didn't want him to go back under, but you would be waiting for him everyday until he came back.