Part 3

"Sam?" you called down the cement hallway.

Sam jogged into view. "They're in here." he said and lead you into a makeshift hospital room. Fury was laying in the bed talking with Natasha while Steve stood outside by himself leaning against the wall, obviously thinking hard about something. You decided to leave Natasha and Nick to their conversation and talk with Steve.

"Steve." you said quietly, so you wouldn't disturb him if he didn't want to talk just yet.

He turned to look at you. "We need to talk." he said sternly and lead you outside so that you two could be alone.

"What is it?" you asked as the two of you made it to the middle of the bridge.

Steve took a deep breath. "I knew the Winter Soldier." he said as he exhaled.

"You what?" you asked.

"We were friends back in the forties. I didn't know it was him until the mask came off." he explained. "His name is James Buchanan Barnes, but we called him Bucky." he continued.

"Well, then you might not like what I have to say." you started. "I was right. They don't treat him any better than they treated me, maybe even worse. I think we really have to save him now." you stated. Steve's face began to turn white. "We just have to figure out how. Let's go talk with everybody else and figure things out. We wouldn't want to go into any of this blind." you suggested.

"That's a good idea." he said and you started walking away. "Um, I'll join you in a minute." he called to you.

"Alright." you replied, knowing that after the events of the day, he needed some time alone.

You sauntered back into the makeshift safe house where Sam, Nick, Natasha and Hill sat around a table.

"Is he alright?" Sam asked, concerned as you came in without Steve by your side.

"Yea. He just wants to be alone right now." you answered. "He said he'll be down in a minute."

"Y/n," Natasha started. "What happened?" she asked, referring to where you disappeared to.

You took a deep breath. "They kidnapped me. They took me back to their base and put me in a room with the Winter Soldier. He told me to get out while I had the chance, but I promised him that I would come back for him." you explained. Everyone remained silent. "Listen. I know he's done some horrible things. But you guys found it in yourselves to forgive me, even after everything that I've done. I'm just asking that you do the same for him. Hydra hasn't treated him any better than they treated me." you finished.

"Why are you saying this now while Steve's not here?" Sam asked.

"Because I know he wouldn't ask you guys about this. He would just expect you to forgive Bucky and move on." you replied. "I need to know that you guys are with me on this."

Everybody nodded.

"All the way." Hill said with a smile.