Chapter Twenty Nine - Getting over it

After the fourth time (TMI?), I was left laying face down on the bed, trying to catch my breath. My heart was racing, sweat streamed down my back and neck. I felt sore, the good kind of sore.

Dan had gone to throw away the rubbish and drink some water. He then came over and collapsed by my side. He was still completely naked. As was I. 

I turned to see him and smiled at him. He smiled back and approached me. He stretched his arm and began drawing patterns on my back with his fingers. I could see the swollen veins in his arms due to the recent exertion. His chest and belly were covered in sweat too.

-That was well worth the wait. - I said.

He chuckled.

-Very. - He said thoughtfully staring into the ceiling.- But was it a long wait? I don't know if it was enough...

-Uhm, are you kidding? We've been seeing each other since... like... October.

-Yeah, you're right. It was a long time. At least it seemed like it to me...

-Well, same here. Why do you still say you're not sure if it was enough?

-I suppose I wanted to prove myself my attraction for you was beyond the physical facet.

-Oh, OK. Physical was amazing, nevertheless. - I said approaching him, to snog him a bit.

-Everything about you is amazing. - He whispered. 

I could not believe my ears. I thought exactly that about him, but never would have thought it was the other way around.  He held my hand and closed his eyes.

I suddenly felt cold, so I got up and put on his shirt. He smirked at me, satisfied. I wrapped my arms and legs around him, and we slept like babies.

-

In the morning, everyone must have noticed we spent the night together, because I heard Will mumble: "Fucking finally" when Dan and I got to the dining room together.

-Nice shirt! - Kyle told me, raising his eyebrows. - Pretty sure I've seen one like that somewhere else..

Fucking hell. I had forgotten to take Dan's shirt off. Dan laughed out loud and kissed my cheek when he saw me blush.

That night, the gig was in a nice theater, and when we were hanging out backstage, Kyle was getting his hair cut by Dan. Will and I chatted in a settee. He was telling me how he had got the job in the band. A quite hilarious story.

-Now you do mine. - Dan told Kyle, sitting down in the chair where Kyle had been sitting up to then.

-Nah, I think Annie should do it... - Kyle said, waving the electric shaver at me.

-What? NO, what if I screw up? - I said alarmed.

-You won't. - Dan said. - Come on, do it. 

I stood up, nervous and took the machine...

-I will not be held responsible for any harm done to this beautiful hair. - I said, then I bent to speak into Dan's ear. - And the psychological impact it may have on your fans.

-My fans? - He replied like he didn't believe such a thing existed. He was constantly bewildered to see people came to watch them, knew the songs, had the EPs, even shirts and other memorabilia, and actually wanted his autograph. - As long as you still like me... 

-Oh, guys, you' re so nice together... - Greg, the photographer, said, grabbing his camera. 

I froze, with eyes wide open, one hand in Dan's shoulder still, and the other in the air, the shaver in it. Dan turned to see me and noticed I was petrified. He stood up and hugged me.

-Are you OK? - He whispered, his mouth against my ear. I answered with a quick nod.

Greg looked at us inquisitively.

-Anouk kind of hates photographs lately. - Dan told him, shrugging.

-Annie I'm sorry, I didn't know... - Greg said.

I gulped and forced myself to smile. 

-No, it's fine, Greg. Like... I have to get over it sometime, it's alright, shoot away.

Dan looked at me, confused, but clearly proud. He then sat down and I carefully trimmed his hair. All of it was documented by Greg's expert lens.