04: Birthday

The golden object is shinning in Baekhyun's palm, hitting his brown orbs and reflecting in them beautifully. A smile makes its way on his face as he nods, handing the clock to the cashier behind the counter and watching how the woman wraps the object into the box carefully. Sehun will love it.

His little brother's wide smile pops up in his mind, flashing through the darkness of his past and creating a beautiful contrast. He loves his brother. The taller is special to him in any possible way, his sunshine in the darkness.. even if he would never admit it aloud.

"Thank you for your purchase sir." Baekhyun smiles at the cashier before leaving the shop in a slow pace while fishing his crazily vibrating phone out of the pocket of his long coat. Sehun? He frowns in confusion before accepting the call.

"What's up, Sehun?"

"Hey, Baek. I just wanted to ask if you come today or not. And what do you mean with what's up, don't you want to congratulate your brother?"

Baekhyun chuckles, heading back towards his apartment in a fast pace. "I'm coming and you know that I hate to congratulate people on the phone."

"I know, I was just kidding. I'll see you later then! Thanks Baekhyun."

"Hyung.. I'm your hyung." Sehun's laugh echoes in Baekhyun's sensitive ears as he stops in front of the book store, biting his lip nervously while he's glancing through the window, watching how the boy holds a book in his hand, talking with a few girls with a wide smile on his lips. Who cares. A sigh escapes his lip, forcing his eyes from the glass to head further into the city, towards his apartment.

"I like teasing you."

Baekhyun fishes the keys out, opening the door to his apartment. "I know, you're such a brat." He places the present on the table in his living room before falling on the sofa in exhaustion. "Could be. But you still love me." The smaller frowns with a smile, staring at his naked ceiling. "I can't remember saying that."

"You don't need to say it. Some things don't need words and love is one of them."

The smile fades from his face, confusion covering his body in an instance. Love. "What the fuck? Since when are you talking like this?"

"Uhm.. I'll tell you later. I'm going to hang up now. I'm not done with planning my birthday. I'll see you later. Bye Baek."

"Ok. Bye Sehun." He hangs up, his eyes still fixated on the ceiling in wonder. What just happened? He has never heard his brother talking about stuff like love or sounding that nervous. Baekhyun bites his lip, running a hand through his curly hair as he pushes his glasses back on his nose. Today will be hella a long day. He has to endure his parents again, all his mother's endless questions and his fathers judging glances. Wonderful.

He gets up slowly, throwing his coat on the sofa before heading towards the closet in his bedroom. I don't even have anything decent to wear. The latter grabs a white button shirt and a blue, way too tight jeans out of his closet, staring at the pieces of clothing in front of his pair of dark orbs. Does it matter how I look? The brunet frowns, sitting down on his bed with a sigh. No it doesn't.

5 hours later

The cold air wraps its way around his body, shivers running down his spins and leaving him in the ghost-quiet darkness. His eyes are pinned at the door in front of him, nervousness covering his body and causing a tremble in his knees and hands. It's been 2 years till they've met. 2 whole years. He bites his lip, the coldness kissing his skin. It's time.

A deep exhale leaves his lip before he presses the bell of the house, a loud sound filling his ears, beating in rhythm with his heart. It'll be fine. Just a few hours. For Sehun. The door swings open, his brother's cherish face appearing on the other side. He smiles, the nervousness fading with the brightness of his brother. He has changed.. into a grown, handsome man. Baekhyun smiles grows as his brother hugs him tightly, grabbing his arm to shove him into the house. "I'm glad you came."