04

'The Gods favour strong women who can bring thunder and lightning into battle.'

[Mature Content

[Mature Content.]

~
Ingrid found herself on a empty battlefield. Black ravens soaring over her head.
She could hear thunder erupt in the sky, and the dying screams of someone.
And then the soft cries of a child.
But Ingrid was completely alone on the field, the cries where coming from everywhere.

~

Her eyes fluttered that morning where the sunlight was shining in on her. Ingrid felt a weird feeling in her stomach. The young woman stared down at her flat belly, and then rushed to the side and vomited on the floor.
A warm gentle hand patted her back as she threw up.

"You okay Ingrid?" Ivar questioned as he pulled himself closer to her on the edge of the bed. Ingrid wiped the bit of sick from the edge of her pink lips.
"I think so, its just the food and ale from last night."
"Ingrid you sure?"
"Yeah I'm just going to go outside for air Ivar" she tells her husband as she pushed herself off the edge of the bed.
Ivar admired her beautiful body as she got up and put on her dress and headed out of the room.
He had been blessed by the Gods with this woman but he couldn't help feeling  something wasn't right and maybe it involves Ubbe? When Ivar thought about the two of them together just made his blood boil. He didn't like how Ubbe always interrupted him and Ingrids moments together and how he got on with Ingrid so well, he had always gotten on well with Ingrid ever since they were children. She practically looked up to Ubbe just like Ivar did.

~

She stepped out of the building and soaked in the sunlight. But soon the shieldmaiden felt her stomach churn like a violent cramp.

Thorunn approached Ingrid who was now vomiting into a bush.
"Ingrid?"

"I'm alright Thorunn" she whispered as she wiped her mouth. Thorunn got a good look at the young shieldmaiden who's face was pale, and eyes looked tired. Then Ingrid vomits again.
"Your not okay Ingrid" Thorunn tells her as she pats the shieldmaidens back as she vomits for the third time this morning. Ingrid looks up at Thorunn who's eyes are focused on hers, the Thorunn lets out a gasp.
"Your not?"
Ingrid clutched her stomach and looked down at it.
"I- i think I might be with child Thorunn."

~

How was she going to tell him? He didn't want children now. It was the wrong time to be with child now, Ivar wanted to conquer lands with her at his side.
Ingrid entered the room only to find Ivar and a slave girl who was putting back on her dress.
"Ingrid."
Her eyes grew darker and she marched towards the pair.
Ingrid grabbed her dagger that was hidden under her dress. And grabbed the slave girl by the hair pushing her up against the nearest pillar and pressed the dagger near the woman's neck.
"Let her go Ingrid" Ivar called.
"No!" She pressed the dagger harder on to her neck.
"LET HER GO!" He yelled. Ingrid's eyes widened at Ivar as turned towards her husband. He hadn't yelled at her like that before. The shieldmaiden released the dagger from the womans neck.
"Leave now before I slit your throat" she threatened the slave girl. The slave girl looked at the shieldmaiden with no fear in her eyes but just walked away from her and out of the room.
Ingrid turned around anger boaring in her eyes like some wild beast.
"You had sex with her?!" She yelled and threw the closest thing to him which was a golden cup.
"Ingrid nothing happened!"
"Then why was she naked?!"
"Just checking to see if she was loyal, and besides you seem rather close with Ubbe these days" Ivar responds.
"I'm your wife Ivar and Ubbe has Margrethe!"
"Then why where you hugging him the other evening, hmm?" He questioned his wife.
"Upset because you killed those children" she tells him.