CHAPTER 7 ~ HIDDEN SECRETS

"These are the days to be inside the safer quarters of the harem, not in the open garden sister. There is a murderer amongst us.", spoke Wasim, the son of Nusrat begum, the third wife of the nawab.

"Ahh! I thought Hassan was dead and so the murderer, what do you mean then?", questioned Idris, with an infectious smirk on his face.

"I know brother that Hassan is dead, but there is no evidence that he murdered your ammijaan.", replied Wasim, a few months younger than Idris.

"Do you know about whom you are talking? She was the most favourite wife of our nawab. So watch your tongue while you speak, or I'll have it cut!", declared Idris scorchingly, resembling the sun overhead.

"What else could I have expected from you, know that I'll be watching you and prove ...", stopped Wasim.

"Prove ... What?"

"Come on Aadila, let us move.", saying so Wasim snatched his sister's hand and strode into the palace, leaving behind Idris with a scorned face.

Three things cannot be long hidden : the sun, the moon and the truth. It will come out one day and people will know that I am not behind my ammi's death.

The human heart has hidden treasures. In secrets sealed, silence kept, the truth lay beneath the dirt, but no one is willing to dig past the flowers. Because what lay beyond is distant....