*2*You Can't Do This

I hope you did enjoy the first chapter!I always make it a point to have cool friends in my story.4 is a great number for a team don't you think?

Enjoy!

✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌

"Yo Victoria!", Jake yelled my name eventhough I was just a few feet away from him.

He got his hand snaked around Zach's shoulders.I tried to peek at Zach under my lashes but seeing how he put up his infamous I'm-not-interested face made me almost cringe.

He got that vibe though.The vibe that made you want to impress him no matter what or who you were.I felt his stare boring through my cerulean eyes and I had to mask how I was actually deeply affected by that.

" Hey."I replied back with monotonous voice.I had to endure myself not to steal a glance towards Zach when he had been so close to me.

We had never been this close.I always found myself wanting to hear each words that came out of his mouth,how his prominent cheekbones looked from the near distance,how him dimples formed when he smiled and how his eyes lit up the whole city when he was amused.

Why did it take so long for him to notice me?

"So what are you doing this Friday night?" Jake asked.

Jake had once confessed how much he liked me.But I guess the feelings went away as fast as it came when I told him I wasn't the one for him.But we became friends after that,and that was all that mattered.

"I have zero plans actually."

"Oh then be grateful you've got a good friend like me." Jake chirped.I always hated when people were being overly happy.Like please,I didn't even get my reason of happiness yet."I'll pick you up at 7."

"It's Elle's party right?"

When he nodded I quickly added,"I have my own car,thank you Jake.Afterall I've three other friends to go with."

"Come on,don't be such a party pooper.My dad said I can have his driver,which means we'll be having a limousine for the rest of the night." He winked."And don't be shy to invite your friends as well,Keeley especially."

I abruptly coughed."You're joking right?"

"Come on,I can have any girl that I want but you."

Only because my heart belonged to the jerk standing next to you.

"So we're good okay." I said and with every courage I mastered on,I glanced at Zach."Are you going too?"

He gave me a look of 'Who are you?', and 'Why are you talking to me?' before he replied with a curt 'Yes.'

"Nice." I smiled at him,hiding my enthusiasm neatly.

***

"You look great." Jake commented at my glittering cocktail black dress.The Gucci dress had a slit,which acceded with my long,lanky legs.The front was all good,a bit exposing but it can still be called proper.I didn't like showing off my skin.I wasn't insecure,instead,I was so proud of my skin but it wasn't really my style to boast it around.

Once I was in,I looked back and found how Jake was utterly speechless when his eyes landed on Keeley.She wasn't so dressed up as I was,but the look in Jake's eyes said he had seen an angel.

I giggled and my throat became dry instantly when I found out what laid out before me.

I thought Jake was alone until my eyes met a few pair of other eyes.But my eyes only focused on this dazzling shades of emerald and I didn't even need to be told that it was him.