"Yes defend. You can take cover, look for shelter. Or if you know one is coming ahead of time you can evacuate."

"Jay, hot stuff, that's a nice thought, but nature is cruel in what it wants."

"You can't expect me to believe that a-,"

I stand there with my eyes closed. Taking in the sun and sighing as I continue to listen to the couple's bickering.

I don't even know anymore what exactly has caused it. To be honest I'm not really sure what Jay and Daisy are even arguing about.

"Brick houses are safer than wooden."

"Wouldn't it be dangerous though if the bricks hit you?"

"No, because the house would be held together."

"Jay, it's brick, not titanium."

I sigh in relief when I see Atlas's truck approach.

He idles by but gets out when he realizes something is wrong.

Sighing he walks up to stand by me as he takes them in.

"They do this from time to time."

I continue to watch Jay and Daisy, their argument now reaching a new level to what they would do if a tornado were to attack the pack.

"I don't think I've ever seen this," I admit.

Atlas smiles, "it just shows that they are comfortable around you."

I smile at his words.

"What even caused it in the first place though?"

I think back and suddenly remember. I look away from Atlas, my cheeks turning red.

"Nothing."

A low growl surfaces in his chest, "The last time you told me 'nothing' it ended up being something. Spit it out, Lexie."

I sigh and look up into his dark blue eyes.

"I just questioned to Jay why I even had to train. My first day here- training was the first thing you made me do."

Atlas blinks back in surprise as he takes me in.

"You don't have to train."

"What?"

He shrugs and looks down at me, his stance relaxed, "I see now that you're right. You don't have to train. There are different ways of leading a pack. I saw that when you painted in front of those pack members. Or when you painted in Dr. Schulman's office. Many wolves in the pack admire it. But I know now that being an Alpha can be led by force. But that doesn't have to apply to the Luna also."

I stare at Atlas, stunned as I take in his words.

"So...I...Don't have to train?"

"Well," he glances around the lake, taking it in, "I would still like you to of course. After everything that's happened, I think it would appease me, even just a little if I knew you had a chance at defending yourself."

I stand there, silently appraising and thinking, ignoring the growing noise of Jay and Daisy's heated conversation about whether it was possible to make a machine that could suck in a tornado.

I had never realized Atlas had changed his thoughts.

"I can keep training," I look up and meet his smile, "But I can train with the beginners."

Atlas nods. "Are you prepared to meet new people?"

I look away at that, "If it's for you....I think I can manage."