|25|

I like to be left alone. 

But when people don't notice I'm absent, 

It hurts. 

And I know it's my own fault. 

For becoming invisible. 

For isolating myself. 

But just once I want someone to notice. 

To truly notice and care. 

G. P. 

***

In some ways, pack life is simple.

It's easy.

Follow the orders, do your job correctly, and you'll be rewarded.

I've been training for two weeks now.

Two weeks and I have yet to visit the pack and see the surroundings.

Lilah's words remind me that the Alba Rosa pack is large. Very large.

I can't possibly walk and explore it.

I know the pack house is in the heart of it all, but miles upon miles of land still stand between me and the border.

Still this is my weekend. The day I'm not training.

And I've worked up the courage in my mind to go outside and explore.

I smooth down my pink striped skirt and black bow shirt.

"I can do this." I chant the words in the mirror. Deep breaths.

I look down at my hands. Green. I had been painting the clearing from last week. Atlas was looking down. It was painted through my eyes. Painted as if I were looking up at him while the soft folds of the green swayed around us.

The pack has in some way, become use to my hands. Almost treating them like one would freckles. They were a permanent fixture upon my body.

I'm greeted by some as I walk out. I don't want to ask Lilah to help me find my way around. Hopefully if I get lost, the others will help. Or I'll probably just make it a few feet out the door before deciding my day would be better spent inside, painting.

Walking down the road, away from the pack house, I sigh and take in the air of the forest.

I had called Mark yesterday.

Like I predicted, he had gone back to training, throwing himself into it, now that I was gone, and not needing his protection anymore. I had been a burden for my brother- and as much as he didn't want to admit it, the weight of me had dragged him down.

But it had been a nice call.

A call that reminded me I had someone.

I lose track of the time as I keep walking down the road.

Walking and walking.

I see several houses, but there is no one outside.

Everyone is probably busy training during the day, or doing their pack duty to help keep the pack running smoothly.

I stop when I see a building, hidden within the folds of the trees and foliage of the forest, but it's unmistakable what is its.

A clinic.